Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lake: San Demingo
Length of Run: approx 1000 ft, then on the brakes hard.

Well, Me and three friends were staying there this weekend and did a little grudge racing. The lake is a mix of a plowed ice section and then some hard pack along each side of that. Conditions were fairly warm, high twenties at night. The snow conditions were not the best.

The sleds: F7 S.P. (clutch kit), TPI valves, 128 Roetin Picks, Two F7's with stock clutching and 170 picks, and (1) '02 ZR 500 named: Dr. Evil.

The contestents: 2-3 different REV 800's both the X and standard most picked one not picked, 2 or 3 REV 600 H.O. A late model XC800, a MXZ 700, a 01 MACH Z. and one ZL 800 SS, ZR 900 Note: not all sleds were there at the same time.

Results for this day, these competitiors, these conditions, obviously set-up, tuning, "mine's not running right", "I wasn't on it", "I need to go from roll" "I've only got 144 picks", "I'am not pulling the right rpms", "I got too much clutch weight" etc. have all come into play.
And let me preface this by saying: Different day, different lake, different sleds, etc. nothing is invincible.

That being said:

Std F7's: one lost one single race, (ZL 800 SS) not stock with that exception those two sleds never lost from a dead stop, rolling start, or giving some sleds a head start (600's) to any other competitor with the listed exception. The funny thing was " go head go" to the REV 600, then he would catch him, let off the throttle, catch him again, then wave and run away.

F7SP: I lost top end to both std F7's and the the ZL800SS. However bottom end and mid range were mine if I got decent hook-up, not ideal conditions for a deep lug track with few picks, had to really feather the throttle.

ZR 500: beat the rev 600 stayed very near the rev 800, and even beat the MACH Z for atleast 3/4 track.

after a while the joke was we'll race yeah but you gotta beat '02 DR. Evil.

By the way we heard "Well I was beating other F7's just this afternoon"

Actually everyone was a real good sport, we were all just playing, nobody took the racing too seriously, its just all in fun anyway. Although the guy on the ZR 900 wasn't thrilled.

After that, then it was two different naked chicks riding sleds to win a bet at the bar in the hotel, God it was pretty funny.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ccc sniper: no, don't need a room mate, just posting what happenend, actually those broads were ugly, we would going give them money to put clothes back on, just reporting the facts, one bar tender says that this happens all the time at this place, I've been riding around the area for a long time and its the first time I witnessed this, overall pretty funny.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey sniper got any good stories? I really sorry you didn't care for mine!

·
Registered
369 Posts
The funny part about all those sleds that lost, they ALL said they had beaten an F7 earlier in the day? NONE of them were even within 5 sled lengths, so we had to ask: " Were they broke?"

1 - 7 of 7 Posts