Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
With a good pair of ski's,there great :div20:

G

·
a standard f7 (non ext) is not that great with the narrow track. playing in a powder field it will be fine but I wouldn't try to take it up into the mountains.

·
Registered
6,437 Posts
I took my old F7 SP out west...... it did very well for a short track

·
Registered
4,120 Posts
well maine powder is totally different then the western states powder....

you'll be fine with a 1.375 firecat pretty much anywheres, besides the tops of mountains....

I made it just about everywheres on my 1" track last year, you can feel when your gonna get stuck climbing up hills and stuff, so just turn your skis and lean up the hill and you'll turn right around....

I would suggest getting the "snopro" firecat version though, alot easier to make it places....

·
Registered
5,676 Posts
ya i agree the only places in maine i would get stuck on my 04 F6 standard was after a 30" snowstorm in places and around mountains. It went better than my 99 ZL 600 EFI in deep snow.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Had the F7 out to Colorado last year and it went everywhere I wanted it to. I have USI skis which help. I did not get crazy climbing mountains, just alot of powder riding. We go off trail in the UP quite a bit and the F7 performs well. I have the 1" track and it is studded and still do ok. I do not notice any difference between the 13.5" x 128" versus the 15" x 121". Riding powder has alot more to do with skill and technique than groomed trail riding. It is not a mountain sled but will perform for the occasional powder rider.

·
Registered
101 Posts
only place i ride my snopro is backcountry and ramps, it does good in the powder, its just how good the rider is, its 90% rider

1 - 13 of 13 Posts