Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it ok to use delta force reeds,{ heard that ac didn't want that} i'm after ordering a set last week should be in any day now, i wonder if they are worth it?

·
Registered
593 Posts
I think with the fuel in the ethanol position there should be some room for minor mods like reeds but that is about it, but I'm no pro, its just a guess

·
Registered
962 Posts
Words from arctic cat is DON`T F*** With THIS SLED.

They even suggest no clutching.
A mechanic from rochester that is an expert clutcher worked on the F cat for 4 hrs and was only able to get 1 horse out of them. These things are dialed in from factory.

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Not looking good for the reeds, i wonder if anyone tried them?

·
Registered
477 Posts
Originally posted by Slider79@Dec 5 2002, 08:06 PM
Words from arctic cat is DON`T F*** With THIS SLED.

They even suggest no clutching.
A mechanic from rochester that is an expert clutcher worked on the F cat for 4 hrs and was only able to get 1 horse out of them. These things are dialed in from factory. I would be careful with modsas these things are a little tight.
Suggest no clutching? Why on earth not? BTW clutching does not increase horsepower unless you are using a track dyno. I think several people have proved clutching can be improved upon, although stock clutching is pretty good as an all round setup.

·
Premium Member
3,765 Posts
yep, i agree with thumper ...clutch kits are nice sometimes.
but i have been told by many people DO NOT CHANGE
pipes-can- or add reeds. i'm no expert on this
but was told the f 7 was set up to run stock.
i was also told that there is no aftermarket chip's made

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think ac just saying that because of the problems they are haveing now with the f7.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
All manufacturers tell you not to modify anything on all their sleds or it will void warranty. This is nothing new, doesn't mean gains cannot be found. They still have the same warranty on these sleds as all their others so they are not as "on the edge" as everyone thinks.

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
Same warranty as all the others? Are you sure about that?? Didn't many of the Cats (at least for spring orders) have a 2 year warranty? Doesn't Polaris have a 2 year warranty (or 5000 miles... see the fine print!) on their motors? And Yamaha a 3 year warranty? I dunno 'bout you, but I only got a 1 year warranty on my F7, but when you really think about it, it's really only a 4 month warranty... and that's if we have a LONG winter!!! -- Roy

·
Registered
96 Posts
I'm not saying there safe but I put them in and have some sort wide open runs in the grass and the switch is in the REGULAR position and the plugs are not even close to lean and there is a ton of piston wash.

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Is it very hard to install them? Also what about the reed spacers how are they?

·
Registered
629 Posts
going to leave my stock..... like the get on and ride, and not have to mess with anything... The poo boys around here, sno check a sled, put three k in it before it leaves the dealer, and spends half the time along the side of the mountain, waiting for it to cool down, or it wont run, due to much powder cooling off the pipes.....

F7 is plenty good to go stock for the idaho mountain and trails.... god help all them tricked out RMKs that are going down this winter

·
Registered
394 Posts
Earl you know you have to be able to beat your buddys!
I'm sure your the one who won't lift his hood on the trail because your the one with the 3 grand stuck in his motor!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
RIGHT?

·
Registered
629 Posts
not a chance,, three cats, all stock... MC 900, F7, ZR700...

·
Registered
210 Posts
Originally posted by Roy T@Dec 6 2002, 08:39 AM
Same warranty as all the others? Are you sure about that?? Didn't many of the Cats (at least for spring orders) have a 2 year warranty? Doesn't Polaris have a 2 year warranty (or 5000 miles... see the fine print!) on their motors? And Yamaha a 3 year warranty? I dunno 'bout you, but I only got a 1 year warranty on my F7, but when you really think about it, it's really only a 4 month warranty... and that's if we have a LONG winter!!! -- Roy
I think you could have received a 2 year warranty on your F7 as well. If you spring ordered and did not choose a special graphics package I think you got a 2 year warranty.

·
Premium Member
2014 XF800 137
4,048 Posts
Originally posted by shaneyb72@Dec 7 2002, 08:38 AM
I think you could have received a 2 year warranty on your F7 as well. If you spring ordered and did not choose a special graphics package I think you got a 2 year warranty.
You had to purchase the 2nd year warrenty if you purchased a F series sled, it was available for 400.00. Even if you spring ordered a F series sled there still was only a 1 year warrenty. If you purchased any other model you would recieve a 2 year warrenty in a spring order. Just my understanding of this, Les......

1 - 20 of 21 Posts