Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My f7 bogs in and out of the line and then it's fine, it started this the other day after i had it up to 100 mi and when i backed it of it bied down and almost stopped, and after that it took about 3 pulls to get it started again, but it starts fine now, checked sv they looked good, wonder what's the problem?

·
Registered
141 Posts
f7,
check the plugs first. Might be fouled if you ran the required break-in oil in your first tank. You never mentioned if the sled was "fully" warmed up when you had the problem. Make sure you let it warm up lots and don't take her past 1/2 throttle till your sure it is or else it will bog like that by the worst is what is happening to the insde of your engine when you don't let it warm up fully. It's called cold piston seizure and you don't want that. Another issue could be water in the fuel. If that's the case I have heard rumours, and they are probably just that, not to run methyl hydrate in the fuel. The manual says it's ok though and I'm sure tha t the factory knows best.

Kickin' ass and takin' names,

speedmerchant

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes speedmerchant i didn't change plugs and i got 450 mi on it now,i always let it warm up till running bords are warm,so maybe it's the plugs or water in the fuel,check that out tomorrow........thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a black f-7 sno-pro with standard graphics. Mine blew up after 190 miles. I was riding in the Big Horn mountains of wyoming, elevation was 8,300-10,000 feet. I put 56.5 gram weights in the clutch.With stock gearing. the sled performed wonderfully. I was riding with my buddy who also has an f-7. The first day we put on around fifty miles, mainly deep powder riding and hill climbing. The sled performed great, it had a slight bog if you let off of the gas and then nailed it again, which seemed to get better throught the day. the second day we rode 150 miles, combination trail and boondocking. The sled ran great. The last day we were there, we made it six miles from the lodge then it happened :huh: we were going down the trail just cruising, around 6000rpm 40-50mph. I went to hit the gas and there was nothing there, the sled just died and coasted to a stop. I was able to get it started on more time but it was running rough. It sounded like I had fouled a plug abd it was running on only one cylinder. I pulled the plugs out and the clutch side was nice and tan and dry, the mag side was dark and wet with little dropplets of antifreeze on it. When I got home I took the sled to the dealer. They replaced the cylinder and piston on the mag side put new rings on both sides, and replaced the crank seals. the piston looked very bad heavy scuffing on both sides. Arctic Cat is telling the dealr that it must have got hot. (i.e. air bubble) The dealer also found a bubble in the oil line, which I know was not there before I checked, He said that the check valve in the oil reservoir cap may have gotten stuck closed, not allowing the system to breathe.the sled was also never tipped onto the mag side. I also went through and did the burping procedure three times prior to going on the trip. The check engine light never came on. Iwas running AC APV oil, and regular fuel. :wacko: I get the sled back this saturday I can't wait.

·
Registered
230 Posts
My f7 did the same thing .It would frequently bog of the line. Noticed it more when I would stand.This is a commen problem for cats. It is caused by the throttle sensor .If side presure is applied to the throttle it cuts the sensor out .This sensor is a safety device put in if your throttle freezes up.This sensor has lost a few races for me.So i will find a way to bi pass it.On the older cats it was possible. I thiunk this will fix your problem. B)

·
Registered
1 Posts
300 miles on.....would let warm up till boards were warm.......still would bog and at varying rpms. Fuel de-icer in tank , plugs looked fine. Then I went on trip unloaded and let it warm up. after maybe 5 minutes it went from idle to higher rpms and then quit. would not restart. brought to dealer. they told me about the smart valve and FUEL PUMP upgrade. Everything has been fine since(another 250 miles) Crossing my fingers..............

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I checked my sv thet looked fine put a little more ten on the spring,some times it worse then others, what do you mean by side presure not getting on throttle the right way,nitro did you have your updates done yey,maybe that's my prob didn't do mine yet,yes that could cause you a race........lol <_<

·
Registered
148 Posts
Highlander,
Pull your pipe off and look in your Y pipe and make sure you don't have a piston scuffed. Doesn't hurt to make sure. Only takes about five minutes.

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Had the y pipe off and i see a small mark on the mag side piston,i tried moveing the position of the trottel and i didn't get any bog i tried twice and was fine i hope that was the prob, it has lots of power rpm around 7750-7900 on recall 8020(so i don't know) :angry: :angry: try later and see what happens ,by the way what do you think about the piston???????thanks

·
Registered
148 Posts
If you can feel the scuff in the piston with your finger nail. You may want to have it replaced while its still under warranty. If you can't feel it, I wouldn't worry about it.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Most of the f-7's bogged from the factory, hence the "smart valve " update, if you haven't updated this part , do so and your bog should be gone.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts