Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i do 500 feets with my new f7 , 10 december, and the motor dead.
after repair by my dealer and do all the recommandations by artic cat, i take my f7 for a second ride . oops 500 feets and the motor dead.
I am very frustated.

Sorry my english, i am french canadian

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the right piston paralyse in the cylinder.my dealer don't know the reason for this problem. the dealer did attentively all the recommadations from artic cat before give me my f7 but the motor did the same thing for a second time.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
it's strange but my dealer run 5 miles with my f7 before given me and all was all right depending him.

·
Registered
3,719 Posts
That could be part of your problem right there!, you should allow your new, extremely tight motor to warm up for at least 8-10 minutes. Then you should warm the rest of the drive train up for the next 15-20 minutes while taking it very easy ,with NO WOT passes until all the different metals that these machines have can expand and contract.Remember The reverse ccoling system allows for a very HOT ignition curve,and until the motor is fully warmed,that can take 15-20 minutes,the coolant system has only a very small amount of ccolant to heat up until the thermostat opens fully,it's in bypass mode until the thermostat opens,but when it opens,it flows alot of cold water across the head for maximum colling effect.The concept is great,but for people that just pull the rope and go, this will create HAVOC on your pistons and cylinder walls! :blink: M2C

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
my f7 is repair and i did 70 miles today. all seems right. i was very nervous before starting but i warmed up my sled 12 minutes and i ran slowly for 10 minutes. After the real ride begun. it's very pleasant to drive this machine, it's fast and easy to drive.

My dealer did a good job ,he does not see me before 500 miles for the tune-up. my dealer did 3 little holes in the thermostat. several dealers in quebec
do that.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts