Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Condition: Recently Arctic Cat has recieved inquiries concerning stalling, hard starting, or difficulty in restarting after the engine has been shut off or has been stalled.

Solution: Install Smart Valve/Fuel Pump Update kit (p/n 0637 - 246.)

NOTE: This kit will include a new rear "vented" smart valve which will replace the existing rear smart valve. The new smart valve will prevent the fuel system from shutting off during low fuel operation should the valve become exposed to air. The kit will also include a fuel pump retaining wire which will be used to support the fuel pump body and keep the pump from slipping down in the pump body. If the pump slips down in the body, the system may lose pressure and cause a loss of preformance, engine stalling, or hard starting.

·
Registered
772 Posts
wheres the real bulliten from arctic cat??? ive never seen one like that doesnt sound to professional either

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
where the hell is rob? Tell rob to get his lazy fat ass over to the scanner and scan his copy. Im sure he's got a copy with his "ac connections."

BTW. Rob i was j/k :lol: :p :rolleyes:

Rob do u have a job? and if so do you actaually work? I cant imagine doing all the crap with this website and holding a job.

Thanks for your hard work.

·
Registered
2021 VR1 850, 18 Tiger 8000, 17 RS 6000, 16 ZR 6000, 12 F1100T, 11 EXT 800, 09 Z1 Turbo, 05 ZR 900
10,200 Posts
mxzr thanks for the info, do have the advisory or bulletin #?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
vin. num.range-4UF03SNW83T172403-4UF03SNW93T176895 4UF03SNW23T178861-4UF03SNWX3T185105 ATTEMPTED SCANNER ROUTE COULD NOT IT TO WORK GRRRRRRRRRR.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Personally I don't get the need for the Smart Valves other than preventing the fuel pump from loosing it's prime. And it bugs me that you can’t use the last inch or two of fuel in the tank. Has anyone thought of Ting a gas line in-between the fuel pump and the Smart Valves and running it to the right foot hold (lowest portion of the tank that continually gets filled by the fuel pump overflow)?

·
Registered
369 Posts
I actually live just south of Arcade....the building is my father-in-law's shop..he lets me use it for storage and to work on my stuff

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
For those who haven't seen/found it yet, here's where a scan of the bulletin is:

http://www.firecat.info/index.php?act=ST&f=7&t=1249

So, for those of us whose serial numbers don't fall in the listed range, we can safely assume that our sleds already have the new and improved smart valves/fuel pump, and that we shouldn't experience any of the smart valve/fuel pump related problems????? I certainly do hope so!!!! -- Roy

·
Premium Member
2,693 Posts
sabrecatf7, at least you get more lake effect than I do. I'm just outside of Niagara Falls. But I do alot of riding in that area. Did you get your sled at Pioneer? If you could do me a favor, ask your uncle who put up the building. That one looks like all steel from the roof pitch. I can't decide on all steel or pole barn. I'm putting up a minimum 40x60 this spring at my house. Trying to get the best deal I can, obviously. Thanks.

·
Registered
3,753 Posts
I hope everyone who jumped on MXZR's back for being "Fishy" said they are sorry now that the real bulletin was posted. :)

Thanks MXZR!

·
Registered
148 Posts
it is true i have the smart valve sitting on my desk as i speak, i am going on a trip a week from today and the dealer couldnt get me in in time so she told me that i could do it myself, the kit is real and it contains;
1 new rear smart valve,
1 new pump retainer, and
1 new hose clamp

i will try and scan the paper work i got with it its the complete instructions but if i cant anyone who wants the info let me know ill type it in if i cant scan it ...

let me know , but just to clear it up IT IS TRUE..

1 - 20 of 20 Posts