Hardcore Sledder banner

F7 won't start

1700 Views 12 Replies 7 Participants Last post by  rob
I ran my F7 out of gas trying to burp it on its side. I heard the fuel pump whine, and it leaned out and stalled. What color is the wire that needs to be unplugged to prime the pump? I pulled the rear smart valve out and its collapsed. How do you free it up? There must have been air in the system after I raised the rear end up to stud it. I couldn't get any heat in the running boards after riding it for 5 minutes. Make sure the new procedure is followed, because I had bled mine previously with no air coming out. I must have freed up a pocket of air whenI raised the rear.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
351 Posts
you need to connect the fuel pump to a battery, disconnect the fuel hose from the throttle body and fill with gas or spray carb cleaner in their, then hook up the pump up backwards to prime the pump, next reverse the pump connections so it will pump towards the injectors, should start pumping shortly, fill a bowl or glass to be sure before reconnecting the fuel hose, if it doesn't work repeat procedure worked fine for me.

JUST A WORD OF CAUTION DON,T RUN OUT OF GAS ON THE TRAIL OR ANY WHERE ELSE!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.