Hardcore Sledder banner

F7 won't start

1698 Views 12 Replies 7 Participants Last post by  rob
I ran my F7 out of gas trying to burp it on its side. I heard the fuel pump whine, and it leaned out and stalled. What color is the wire that needs to be unplugged to prime the pump? I pulled the rear smart valve out and its collapsed. How do you free it up? There must have been air in the system after I raised the rear end up to stud it. I couldn't get any heat in the running boards after riding it for 5 minutes. Make sure the new procedure is followed, because I had bled mine previously with no air coming out. I must have freed up a pocket of air whenI raised the rear.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
807 Posts
Why on God's green earth do they call it a smart valve? Its sounds more llike a smartass valve (or a dumbass valve) if you ask me. that cat engineer is laughing all the way to the bank when he cashes is paycheck every friday @ 4:56 central time @ the First National in Thief River Falls. :D :lol:

· Registered
807 Posts
Rob posted
just heard that this procedure will get it running again. You need to locate and reverse the fuel pump leads. There is a connector just to the right of the steering right under the cowl. It is a polarized connector so you will need some sort of jumper wires to do this.

By reversing the leads to the pump you are causing it to spin
backwards and you are pushing fuel into the valves instead of into the
rail.

1. Reverse leads
2. Pull the engine over about 4 to 5 times.
3. switch leads back to normal
4. Pull the engine over and start engine.

The engine should start the first or second pull on step 4. as long as you
have sufficient fuel in the tank. If you look into the tank the valves have
to be covered with fuel or this won't work.[/b]

I think that might work

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.