Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone have any ideas?1300+ miles w/ no problems-brought in for updates and last ride it started and died after 1sec.-waited for 10 min utes or so and started right up-the sled was already run for 30 miles that day.then ran flawlessly. went to go yesterday and sled started first pull cold- shut it down to wait for buddys and it started and died after 1 sec. and still wont start! pulled smart vavle(updated one) out of tank and it was not collapsed.any ideas ? i want to ride today! dealer closed on sundays. thanks for any ideas.

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
have you tried iso for frozen water in your fuel line? GOOD LUCK!

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i always use iso and it was 36 degrees out and just came out of my heated garage.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Originally posted by luke@Feb 2 2003, 09:13 AM
anyone have any ideas?1300+ miles w/ no problems-brought in for updates and last ride it started and died after 1sec.-waited for 10 min utes or so and started right up-the sled was already run for 30 miles that day.then ran flawlessly. went to go yesterday and sled started first pull cold- shut it down to wait for buddys and it started and died after 1 sec. and still wont start! pulled smart vavle(updated one) out of tank and it was not collapsed.any ideas ? i want to ride today! dealer closed on sundays. thanks for any ideas.
have you tried to start it today? What's up with "started on first pull cold"? No way. EFI needs 2 pulls cold. It won't start on first pull cold ever.

Once in a great while you MAY have to crack the throttle when starting hot (like on a carb sled). Happened 1 time to me. If it doesn't start easy hot, crack the throttle and pull. Also, you may have fouled a plug. Put new plugs in today if you haven't already.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
rob, thats what i thought too about starting on first pull but it did and idled for about a min. the problem w/ it quitting has happened twice now -doesnt seem like a coincidence. it does not start now but i will try plugs today- we tried giving it gas but no luck-thanks

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
tried everything :huh: 36 deg and always have plenty of iso in sled-changed plugs too-oh well-the guys at sun and snow will have a gift in the a.m.- havent needed service yet but i heard they do a great job.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
was going to pull fuel line but figured whats the sense. if its not pumping its still going to have to go back to the shop for a pump. thanks for the help-i'll post the problem when they figure it out for future ref.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Take a coat hanger and pull a smartvalve off the fuel line in the tank, then check see if fuel comes through your lines when pulling it over. I had a smartvalve fail after updated, mine wouldn't start either.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
got sled back today-dealer pulled pipe to check pistons and checked comp.-everything perfect-they put on fuel pressure guage and that tested good too. pulled smart valve and that looked alright as well-didnt find anything wrong and then it started 3rd pull for them. i made them change the smart valve that was just updated before these problems. hopefully that is it but it seems funny that it started before they changed that smart valve-i've got my fingers crossed!!!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts