Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If anyone has got the new snogoer magazine it says they compensate for weight of gas (6.1 lbs per gallon) and oil 1.3 lbs per quart ....now you look at the standard F7 weight and subtract the stated gas and oil and it just doesn't add up....go and look at the RX 1 and now it really doesn't make sense.....am i wrong on this or does it seem like the past few years snogoer has had a hard on for AC ???? :angry:

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
to elaborate a little on my last post ....snogoer says gas weighs 6.133 lbs and oil weighs 1.784 lbs per quart ....they list the weight on scale for a F7 standard as 477lbs with 1 gallon of gas and 2 quarts of oil ...then they list the corrected weight as being 473 lbs...let me see ...477 - 6 - 3.5 = 467.5 lbs which is just 7.5 lbs over listed dry weight .....the sled also is filled with coolant and other necessary fluids which explains the extra weight....now lets look at the RX 1 ....616 lbs on the scale 1/2 gallon gas and 1/2 quart of oil and they list the corrected weight as 612....so the F7 has 1/2 gallon more gas and 1 1/2 more quarts of oil and they come up with the same corrected weight figure of subtracting 4lbs???? yamaha lists dry weight of 558 lbs which means they fudged by a whopping 54 lbs.....now for the rev.....480 lbs weight on scale ...listed dry weight of 454 .....a 26lbs difference .....at least cat had the balls to come out and say that the F7 weight increased ...seems ski doo lacks the balls to do the same!!!

·
Registered
2,913 Posts
remember when i said all the mags are comic books? i dont care what they type ! i look at the pictures and other articles that mean something................shoot outs, comparisons and all that crap i could care less about. but hey thats just me! :p

·
Registered
3,719 Posts
What I really dont get is how can the sno pro package on the F5 verses the sno pro package on the F7,weigh more??The standard F5 weighs 457 and the sno pro F5 weighs471,with a difference of 14LBS.The F7 standard weighs 473,and the sno pro weighs 480,with a difference of only 7 LBS!!!What gives??The sno pro package is the same between the two sleds, correct me if I'm wrong,but the differences dont make sense. Also, for all the people that were complaining about AC fudging on the weight issue,take a look at the competitions ##'s,on their fudge factors,and you'll see who was doing the real fudging!!At least AC stepped up and told us of the weight gain,albeit,not 100%correct,but alot closer to real world weights. ;)

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Ya know what gets me is that the rev 600 weights 28 pounds more than a rev 800. Also note that they did not factor out collant in those articles. They claim that the average sled holds 9 pounds of coolant and chaincase oil wich they didn't factor. The f7 probably holds more collant than the suggest 8 pounds do to the huge rear exchanger. being only 13 pounds off, i bet that its true dry weight is dam close to the advertised weight.
Lol. look at the rev 600 54 pounds off, rx-TANK 54 pounds off. LOL. hum... i wonder when yamaha weighed there rx1 if they filled the gas tank with helium. :D :lol: :lol:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts