Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was most disturbed to learn from the place I purchased my F7 that he is not interested in taking my sled on a trade. This has also been echoed by a few other dealers I have contacted. I am afraid once I find one I will lose my shirt on a trade. I wonder how many of you that want to trade in on a new one are facing this problem.

Further it has been said suggested, which is quite evident from the lack of response from AC, that extended warranty for next year on 03 may be provided on an as asked by dealer basis. AC will have to know of the problem and consider it but it will only be on the motor. This initself is a joke and further shows how the purchaser was used for R&D on this sled.

Myself I love this sled and truly would like a new carb version. I have had only 1 problem to date but all the perceived and maybe not even justified problems are leading to seeing most people who own them wanting to get rid of them and then the value of this sled is so low most will lose their shirt if they trade or be forced to keep it. Then if electrical components start to fail the cost will be so high to repair or replace it makes me wonder a) why I purchased thix sled in the first place and B) who in their right mind would buy another efi.

Come on AC show some pride in your product and stick behind it instead of giving the shaft to those of us who are faithfull.

My $ 0.02.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I take it from the lack of response everyone is very happy with trading in the sled and the prices they got. Perhaps someone could advise me of a dealer in Ontario that will take one for a new carb. I buy new each year and cannot believe I am having a problem with trading in.

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
I am trading in my f7 for a carb f7.Iam getting $8000.00 canadian for mine.
The new carb is $10,000 canadian...with the taxes it is costing me $2,350.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That sounds like a good deal. The value of your trade in is good in fact very good. If I could find that deal I would be all over it.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Rev, What dealer???? I'm up for that price, Hell my dealer won't take mine on trade. $8000.00 thats awsome, Hell for a bit more someone could get a new 03.
You must have a real great dealer...Or a real_____ one...LOL

Seriously what dealer?

Spike where is your dealer? I wonder if we have the same one?

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Now with the problem with the tunnels letting go will AC do something or are we all screwed. Who will buy these sleds if they do not extend warranty and come up with fixes. I know a lot of this is blown up but the public only hears of a lot of problems and that is doing the damage. Just wait till the ECU goes and then see some costs. I truly love this sled and feel it is one of the best sleds I have ever riden but surely AC must stand up to these problems - big or small.

Jamie give me your e-mail and I will e-mail you.

·
Registered
485 Posts
My dealer told me 3000 plus taxes to go to an 04 f7. Said he would like to do better but my trade is rather high miles and he truly is swamped with used units already. To be honest the deal sounds fair but I'm going to keep my 03 another year anyhow.

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
Everyone has to realize that almost every dealer has a ton of left over 03's. This is not just AC. Ski-doo, Polaris, Yamaha all have a ton of new sleds sitting in crates. They have all dropped the prices substantially on these sleds so they can make room for the 04's and not pay interest on the 03's. This directly lowers the price of used sleds of all makes. It is not just an AC or F7 issue, its across the board.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Average Joe I hear what you are saying as I personally know a doo dealer and he has lots of sleds left but I guess it all really is about AC offerring a second year warranty bumper to bumper on these sleds to make up for the problems that are occuring and this will help guys liek me want to keep this sled another year.

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
Spike, with you all the way! I too will keep my 03. AC should step up to the plate and offer an extra year warranty. This would give us peace of mind as well as AC showing us thier commitment to consumer satisfaction.

My previous piont was simply that re-sale is down across the board. Actually, it is quite common for re-sale to be low this time of year.

Come on AC, help us out here!

·
Registered
302 Posts
Depending on where you guys live, i think the dealer stock is a regional issue. Here in NY there are a few dealers with leftovers. My dealer sold all his F7's and onle a few Rev 800's left. Ingles was empty for rev's back in January! I'm sure the 03 overstock is mainly an issue in the midwest where there wasn't much snow again.

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
All my dealer has left is '03 4-wheelers! He said that this is the first time
he has had this "problem" HaHa. But he won't take trades because he just
can't sell them. I know because my '02 ZR600 sat there on consignment
all year. Now my sister is gonna buy it! My loss, her gain!

·
Registered
54 Posts
A deal is a deal. Make your best one. If you cut a deal today you may win or not. If you cut a deal in the fall, the dealer may win or not.

·
Registered
602 Posts
I'm with Redteam7. Here in New England the only leftovers are Yamahas. Polaris has even tried twisting some dealers arms to take some sleds from the Midwest.
If the dealer you purchased your sled from won't take it back to sell you a new one, shame on him. If this holds true with many dealers, AC will see it reflected in the spring orders. Only then will they do something about it, but it's not likely. I think they took enough of a financial beating in warranty costs this year that they're "done" with the 03s.
Regardless of the validity of the issues with the 03s and the associated hype, there are opinions forming with regard to AC and its handling of the issues (real or not). AC should consider that every member of the public who's opinion is being formed is also a potential AC customer.

I ride a Polaris and came VERY close to considering a CAT as my next sled.

..my $.02 (actual value may vary)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts