Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While riding my sled yesterday, I noticed that the oil light came on and also the temp warning light came on very faintly. I remember seeing a post about this before. Is this a moisture problem? We did have to cross through some small water holes. I haven't started the engine since the ride as I brought into my shed to thaw it out. I've got 550 trouble free miles on the sled up to this point.

·
Registered
115 Posts
My sled is doing the same thing !!!! oil light coming on faintly and temp(red) light doing same thing!!! had it to the dealer and replaced both coolant senser and temp sensor and problem still exists! both lights come on and finally fade out! let me know if you get a fix and i'll do the same!!! see ya :rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,679 Posts
there was a post on this, has to deal with an electrical harness that is behind the secondary clutch, that when wide open throttle is applied, the sheave will open towards the frame and possibly rub on this harness, check that out

·
Registered
76 Posts
Do not worry about it, it is a mosture problem. I have a heated garage and two hours inside and dim temp and oil light go out. I am currently going through the electrical connections one by one and putting die electric grease in them to see which one causes the problems. However this is very time consuming as i ride each time until the dim lights appear. I will post when I find the pest.
by the way 300 plus miles not one problem yet, and I ride reletively aggressive.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Thanks for the info!! my lights do this quite often!!! i have 900miles on the sled and it is awesome !! ....just these stupid little problems!!! i agree about the moisture idea but haven't figured it out yet!!! could it be a problem that relates to the coil or tach problem???? just an idea

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
I have this proplem now also.....finished a trip putting on 500 miles...put it on the trailor drove home 5 hours..dropping it off at the dealer
to get the updates done...pulled it off the trailor all 3 light's came on...
left it in over night he started it this morning and they were still
on..can't look at it till tomorrow...when we were coming home the road's
were wet and i never had a cover so she is pretty dirty and wet.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Just F-7 oil light comes on. very faint. It is true it had sat in unheated garage for a couple days with snow pack all around machine. Ran it 7 miles and just the oil light came on. Let it sit for 30 minutes and it still came on. I was driving in near blizzard conditions? Should I be worried? Engine sounds like all is fine.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts