Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
buddy just got back from ironwood, MI today.. Art...from this fourm and a buddy who just got a 03 Pro X 700...well..the rumors can be silenced...i heard it all...Mr Polaris said with a frownd...i aint got nothing on you guys this year...they raced a few times...from rolling 40 mph rolling 15 and dead stop after about 80 miles on there sleds..from a dead stop...f7 and pro x are even art said for about 20 feet...then cya later...F7 grabs on by..not crawl..but walks away...at the rolling races...within 600-800 feet he said he had 3-4 sled lenghths on him...its not even fair..so no a new pro x 700 will not stay with the F7... it shouldnt on paper..and now in the real world..they wont either..just to mention...Arts F7 is a sno pro with the 1.375 track..and just if u think there is a traction advantage....no... The guy with the pro X...he had a 1.375 track installed two weeks ago..so Dido tracks...both sleds box stock... :) scratch it off ur list boys..start to look for those rev 800's now

·
Registered
3,679 Posts
was thinking about going up to the hurley/ironwood area, how r the trails, enough snow to do anything???

thanks

see ya on the trail

·
Registered
962 Posts
I got 800 REV on my menu for Saturday Supper.

For breakfast I have 600 Rev and 600 Mxz w/extra bacon

Lunch I`ll have a Zr 600 and a Xc 600 hold the salt

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
in the morning..great...little worse durring the day...bogs are sloppy in spots but i guess overall art said not bad for first ride...stay out of the remote areas...go towards marquette...better and more snow there...
trails ok...theres gonna be lots o people this weekend..im going next wed. durring week..he said saw no one all morning...just afternoon the locals came out..by the way..raced a studed..clutched and v force reeded thunderkitty... did a 20 mph roll on...the fire kitty walked side by side all the way till they ran out of room :)... impressive..i still wouldnt drop the pink slip on a top end 3 mile run with the thunder kitty..but he said its just sneaky scary fast :p

·
Premium Member
3,765 Posts
(WOW).. with all them nasty fat calories that the fire cat's
are eating....it's no wonder they need to be burped. lol.

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
by the way...said sled ran great..never did anything besides toped off coolant before he left in the morn...98 miles of zero problems..only problem he had was winning to much

·
Registered
90 Posts
Im lined up to race a 2002 poo 800 that is set up pretty good (piped clutch reeds ect..)my o2 800 couldnt even come close was getting beat by 2-3 sleds every time this is on Sunday i cant wait i hope to get bragging rights back this year.

·
Registered
930 Posts
Originally posted by Slider79@Dec 4 2002, 11:46 PM
I got 800 REV on my menu for Saturday Supper.
I am VERY curious to see a F7 run against a REV8. There was a lot of talk about the REV8's during grass drags, but I haven't heard much talk on the snow (other than bad gas mileage ;) )...Marc

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
These thing's are on real i raced a 03 700 poo ..both of use had
1 inch track..once she graped it was the same as going past
a 340 fan with a 44 liquid!!

·
Registered
3,753 Posts
Originally posted by Cat Fever@Dec 5 2002, 04:57 AM
Im lined up to race a 2002 poo 800 that is set up pretty good (piped clutch reeds ect..)my o2 800 couldnt even come close was getting beat by 2-3 sleds every time this is on Sunday i cant wait i hope to get bragging rights back this year.
I am very curious to see how you do vs. your 02 ZR 800...keep us posted and good luck. :D

·
Registered
3,753 Posts
In case that last post (In a hurry made little to no sense) I meant how your F7 does againts the REV 800 as opposed to the REV 800 smokin your 02 800. Again, good luck.

·
Registered
35 Posts
How much did you guys weigh??

This is my most important race this year and he (prox700) weighs 160 and I weigh 210. So that is my only concern. I still think I won't have a problem. I beat a piped/clutched/studded XC800 last weekend but he weighed the same as I do.

Just wondering,
Thanks
Zig

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hey Cat Fever...you will have a ball playing with the XC 800. I raced two of them last weekend, one clutched and the other piped and heavily messaged. The stocker was not even close, and I still could crawl by the piped one. They are close on the bottom, especially if the XCs are hooking up. But mid-range and top end is a different story. By the way, I have the 1.375" track and both XCs had 1" lugs--and we were racing on ice!

Good luck.

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
I weight 230 and the guy weight 180 on a poo 700....
dont worry u wont have a problem...like i said before
it was the same as going past a 340 fan with a 440 liquid!!!

·
Registered
738 Posts
The other night, my brother-in-law, buddy and I were out riding. Both of them have 00 Mxz 700's. We all came out of a ditch and were pretty evenly lined up when my bro cracks his 7 as well as my buddy. We were rolling at about 30mph when I opened it up, boom! gone. 6 - 7 lengths in no time at all. They wouldn't race me from a dead stop, I guess they didn't want to get embarassed too bad. Oh ya, sled is still not broken in. HAHA Bring on winter and all the 'my sled is faster than your sled guys'!!

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
by the way zig...art on the f7 255...tommy on the pro x..about 225...so dont worry about it...he needs HP not less weight to keep up with u look for 800's...dont waist ur time with the 7's :)

G

·
0 Posts
After seeing the Rev 8 against a F7 on the grass I can assure you that you have nothing to fear. I think we should start looking for more worthy opponents such as Stealth fighters, top fuel funny cars or perhaps the space shuttle! If you want to be fair you'll have to let them have the head start though!

·
Registered
629 Posts
This is good news, I am looking forward to eating some poo's for breakfast...

1 - 20 of 24 Posts