Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many of you have raced these two against one another in STOCK form, with the exception of studs. Just curious. I ride a Yamaha SRX, but wow are those F7's flashy, and if I were to switch brands for some reason, that ZR 900 would be pretty high on my list.

·
Registered
614 Posts
I ran against a couple ZR 800's. One EFI from thos year. It ran pretty good . I beat it , but not by much. The girl that was running was a lot smaller than me. That was the only 800 that was close. The 900's are running real good.

·
Registered
517 Posts
I have a 800 with a super single and clutch kit and my cousins F7 was faster. I was getting him out of the hole because of the studs I run but he eventually ran me down. The 900's were catching him top end and going by. We were on a plowed strip for 3 hours on sunday. Whoever was hookin was winning.

·
Registered
336 Posts
I beat 2 zr800's neither one stock. I felt damn good about it too. It was my hubby and brother in law that I beat!! "kick Ass"

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
I have a standard f7 with a DP clutch kit and 170 studs and I was racing my buddies 02 zr 800 with PSI twin pipes, ported, clutched, geared, power breather, .85 track with 240 studs and we were dead even every time. A f 7will dust a stock 8

·
Registered
701 Posts
F7 will take a zr800 pretty handily. I came to this conclusion because I ran my stock F7 against my stock 01 zr800 and took it handily all the way through. I also ran zr900 with SW clutching and 25/38 gearing. We swapped wins all day at gun lake in about 1000 ft. Basically, the zr9 wins over that, F7 wins under that. Both are amazingly fast for out of the box..fastest I've seen including big tripples!

·
Registered
720 Posts
I have beaten a ZR800 with my Stock F7 and even worse when I added my clutch kit from Dan at the Outdoor Shop.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for the info guys. This is a good site you got here, glad to see people can come on here (even from other brands) and ask questions without getting bitched at. (amsnow.com).

The reason I ask this question is because my 99 SRX 700 runs faster than most stock F7s, but is about even with the clutched ones. Those things hook up better than all the other sleds I have run against, but I can slowly catch the slightly modified ones. The heavily modded ones, forget it, I don't stand a chance (clutched, piped, speed chip, can) that kind of stuff. Their leads are just too big out of the hole. I am trying to compare the F7 and ZR 800 because I am supposed to be racing a stock ZR 800 sometime in the near future and wanted to see how I would fare. Thanks for the help guys, and I'll continue to visit this fine site.

·
Registered
614 Posts
A yamy guy huh. Just kidding. I had a 01 ZR 800. One of my buddies had a SRX 700. He could walk me pretty good. He had less studs but had his suspension set up good. He would even beet me out of the whole

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hookedup,

I'll be the first to say I have problems getting this sled to hook up. It is not stock (Heelclickers, roller clutch, reeds, 192 studs, airbox kit, and more) and likes to spin a lot when on ice. Hard pack is a bit different story, but when I put it in racing form to really get good hookup, it won't corner for shit in the trails when we are done doing friendly drags. Keep in mind my 99 is a bit slower than the 00 and newer, as it lacks a few more hp, but I think I did a fairly good job of making that up in clutching. Have yet to race a ZR 900, but I understand they are very strong runners. Thanks for the feedback.

·
Registered
614 Posts
Oh ,watch out for the 900. Especially if it has been tuned. Ran two last wekend, one with pipes. It ran really well. Also before my Zr 800 I had a SRX 600. I couldn't get it to hook

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yep, they don't hook up unless you put a lot of studs and run adjustable transfer rods, both of which I have. Still lots of room for improvement, but its getting better. I'll have to find a 900 sometime to line up against, and even if I get beat, I'd still like to see what they have. I've liked that sled since the day it came out...too bad I don't have the money for one while keeping my SRX to ice race.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts