Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
HCS We're Watching You !!
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious of anyone has possibly raced these two or heard of people racing them. A F7 firecat(stock or modded) and a suzuki GSXR 750 crotch rocket. Obviously the sled would have to be on snow next to the crotch rocket on ashpalt. Or maybe just there 0-60 times or 660 ? 1000? What do ya guys think ?

·
Registered
445 Posts
if the sled is set up right on ashphalt it will beat the bike but not by much.at the end of a 1/4 mile the bike will be pulling on it hard....sled still wins though.

·
Registered
210 Posts
In a 1/8 race it would be the sled. In the 1/4 it will be close as the gixer is a 10 sec bike, after that the sled is toast.

·
Registered
7,387 Posts
Originally posted by jamiec@Oct 8 2005, 09:58 AM
In a 1/8 race it would be the sled. In the 1/4 it will be close as the gixer is a 10 sec bike, after that the sled is toast.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=916191
[/quote]
a 750 a 10 sec bike?! i dont know i remember when kawasaki came out with the first bike ever to break into the 9's it was a gpz1000 i think and it went [email protected] 140.??mph. the sled will out et the bike imo for 1/4 mile then its over for the sled. i drag race asphalt and have seen this 1000 times. the biggest advantage is the sled will get a 1.4 sec or better 60ft time while the bike will be in the 1.6-1.7 range.

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
Originally posted by jefro56@Oct 8 2005, 12:32 PM
High 9's to 10 [email protected]
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=916383
[/quote]
with a good driver. aveerage joe is probably running high 10's. my buddy runs his f7 on asphalt in union grove wi and it will beat a gsxr 750. gixer will be pulling hard at the end. 1/4 mile is pretty much it for a snowmobile as far as top end. hardest part about the bike is launching them. i have a gsxr 1000 and run consistent 10.2 to 10.3's. still learing. my buddy's f7 is in the 10.3's

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
I tried running my stock 03 R1 and like someone said,you cant just hammer the gas off the line like you can on a sled.I leaned as far forward as i could and could still only feather the gas because the front wheel wont stay down.Even half way down the track i really got on the gas and it started coming up on me.Without being extented or running wheelie bars you just cant get a balls out run on a bike like you can on a sled.

·
Registered
3,000 Posts
a decent rider will run mid 10's on a gsxr 750. get a really really good light rider on a lowerered gsxr 750 thats geared for 1/4 mile track and it will run high nines/low 10's. if any of you know prostar they have the 600 supersport class and are running nines on them with basically a pipe, cam timing, lowered, geared, but these are professional riders on them.

i got a hayabusa, it runs 10.001 with my 200lb ( 225lb suited up) body on it, stock wheelbase and gearing, with a light rider on it nines would be no problem.

a stock F7 would be a mid 10 sec ride. so basically the winner will be determined by how good and light the bike rider is, with a pro rider on each the bike will win in the 1/4, sled will win in the 1/8th.

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
Cam, I think I have a video of you busting into the 9,s on one of them bikes. It might have been the one that looks like an actual drag bike not a stock looking one like your Busa's. My GT should be in this week.... I hope it does not show up while I am out of town in FL for work. Your F-7 better have a full bottle to keep up this year. Doug

·
Registered
3,000 Posts
Doug,

I'll find a way to keep up if i need to!!!!!!

grass dargs in hamlin on Nov 5th, let me know if your gonna be out there to watch and consume beer!

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
I will be at Jacoby's for sure. I am just not sure if I will be racing either of my sleds. I might just walk around and say hi to all my old school mates. It's like a class reunion out there. Buster will be running for sure and he can always use a hand so I get just as much fun out of that, and I don't have to wash 30Lbs of clay out of my sled after the race :). If your going I can swing over and pickup you and Turbo we can save a dollar in gas. Let me know. Doug

1 - 20 of 22 Posts