Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I no were all family here,, buttttttt.... Thinkin of gettin the F8.. Heard that the F7 will spank them?? True?? How about that F-1000... Will the F7's give them a run for their money too??? What do you F-series guys have to say about this, Cuz im sure the guys on the firecat forum next door are laughing that the older , better looking firecats will spank them... ????? Love to here what you got to say?

·
Registered
145 Posts
I no were all family here,, buttttttt.... Thinkin of gettin the F8.. Heard that the F7 will spank them?? True?? How about that F-1000... Will the F7's give them a run for their money too??? What do you F-series guys have to say about this, Cuz im sure the guys on the firecat forum next door are laughing that the older , better looking firecats will spank them... ????? Love to here what you got to say?[/b]
The F8 set up properly should have no problem. An 08 F1000 will crush an F7!! Obviously there are F7s with lots of mods done that can hold there own but remember one thing guys NO REPLACEMENT FOR DISPLACEMENT!!!!!!!!! As far as looks go the F7s are definitely good looking if you want old school. My personal opinion the new F series look sooooo much hotter, not just cuz i own one either. You should get a NEW style F Series The ride and handling is far superior. Better sled all around!

·
Registered
498 Posts
If you are going to race on a lake I hink the F7 is faster than the F8. I ran a bunch of F8 last year that didnt seem to run well and i dont think they were even close. However, they might not have been geared in the drives properly like the 2007 F1000. The 2008 F8 might be faster than last years F8. The 2008 F1000 is just as quick as teh F7 but with more top end and like someone else said it should crush teh F7. I hope so as I am waiting to pick up mine.

If you want a trail machine, you cant compare the old chasis to the new chasis. The twin spar is an amazing sled to ride and the firecat is fun.

I have both the F7 and I am just waiting for my F1000 to be finished.

·
Registered
2019 ZR 9000 Ltd and 2020 Thundercat 9000
983 Posts
I no were all family here,, buttttttt.... Thinkin of gettin the F8.. Heard that the F7 will spank them?? True?? How about that F-1000... Will the F7's give them a run for their money too??? What do you F-series guys have to say about this, Cuz im sure the guys on the firecat forum next door are laughing that the older , better looking firecats will spank them... ????? Love to here what you got to say?[/b]
I had an 04 F7 Nightfire for 4 years and I traded it in on an 08 F1000 Nightfire and all I have to say is that the F1000 is 10X the sled the F7 was. Speed wise the 08 F1000's are animals!!! I raced my cousins 03 F7 and I beat him so bad off the line mid range that I am about 5-6 sled lengths ahead of him before I even hit 70mph and I'm not joking, its not even close. Ride wise the F7 was a literally a piece of shit compared to the new twin spar chassis. The new Fseries sleds are just a faster and better sled all around as they should be.

·
Registered
265 Posts
read all the posts about F8s on here. Some guys are having trouble getting them over 100mph. F7 will flat spank an F8 no problem everyday. If you read all these posts most guys are having to do mods to thier sleds to get them to go right. Its too bad, I almost bought an F8 last year and am glad I did not. I won't buy another cat until these go like they should. Owners are going to shit all over me and say I don't know what I'm talking about but I have never seen one that goes good, ever.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have an 03 F7 and an 07 F8 SP TS edition. My F7 has a black magic single pipe and clutch kit. My F8 has bullseyes and y pipe. All BS asside I can beat my F7 from start to finish. They are very close but my F8 is faster. My F8 is IMO the best riding machine out there. I can't believe how much better riding the F8 is over the F7. I did have trouble getting my F8 to hook up... but I have it dialed in now. Go with the F8 man, you will not be disapointed.

·
Registered
7,214 Posts
i would keep your f7 or if you want some thing new get a xp both nice sleds. f8 or f10 need another year to get it perfect.[/b]
And you suggest a first year sled from BRP? :whistle:

I say get the F8 if you ever are on a trail. Although if you are just going to play on the lake all day stick with the F7. The F8 handles so much better and pulls a lot harder from 30-90 Than my F7 does. I don't have the fastest F7 but the F8 will be in front of me throughout a race.

·
Registered
30,678 Posts
i dont think the current f8 will ever be the speed demon that the f7 was. however the f8 is a way better machine in terms of ride\handling.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I agree,, I have trouble getting over 95 on mine,, but that probably just needs some tweaking.. Overall my speed on the trail is up over what I was doing on my 05, its annoying all the guys i ride with they cant keep up.

·
Registered
530 Posts
I raced my brothers 05 retro F7 this weekend down a 2 mile strech of hard packed road. I have a 2008 F8 Sno Pro with the 14" track on it. We were dead even the entire way and my speedometer was on 111 when we let off. He said the last speed he saw on his speedo was 108. I have not added the y pipe or removed the block off plates but did pull the limiter straps down a 1/2 inch.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts