Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live in Nova Scotia and was in Inverness yesterday putting some miles on with some riding buddies. Two guys I work with who are father and son both got Blair mogan edition rev's 800 4 weeks ago. They were with us on saturday and the son who was leading the group on his Rev came to a straight section of road and pinned the thottle got up to 100 mph and it seizied. Looked it over and the crank seal blew out against the primary clutch and leaned out the pto cylinder. His father got his truck and towed it home so my buddy took his fathers 7c rev and we headed home. We came to another straight section of the trail and me and him got side by side at about 50mph and punched it I started pulling away and when I looked back he was stopped. Turned around and the same thing happened again blown crank seal. Anyways threre both really pissed off and it is the second time for the fathers Rev to go down in three weeks. Bad day for them but I got 800 miles on my F7 in 4 weeks with no problems what so ever.

·
Premium Member
3,765 Posts
same thing here in michigan with the rev's.
rev guy's been telling me bad motor's and,
something about weak frontend's also.
too bad............but atleast it take's,
the heat off the firecat's
all the manufactures will have the bug's out
next year..........i hope

·
Registered
172 Posts
Maybe thats why there were no 800 Morgans at the drags in Eden Lake. A lot of fast 'capers were
there with their improved ski-doos. F7's won 700 single & multi pipe, same with 800, both classes. I am pretty sure F7's won both 900 classes too. All the improved classes went to C.B., except 1000, Chuckie got that, maybe one more, can't remember, too much to keep track of.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Where ya from ski cat. Where is eden lake located? Do you go to the drags in Margaree we have been down a few times this year but I haven't had my F7 down yet just got it a month ago but can run both of the morgan revs in the 660 track we have on Macphersons lake.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm a mainlander too. I'm from Guysborough. Bought my f7 at adventure motors.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Nope black standard with 170 studs, cover, txi helmet included. Only 49 miles on it. I ride mainly in guysborough and mulgrave, but have been to browns mountian and the highlands a few times along with goshen. Both of the revs that blew the crank seal were from Adventure. Where do you ride and where are ya from?

·
Registered
339 Posts
I thought Adventure Motors, in New Glasgow, only sold Ski-Doo?
They still have 7, 2003 Rev 800's in stock. 4 are Blair Morgan editions!

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
A guy from the south shore got scared after he hear all the bad storys of the f7 and traded it on the rev 8 with only 49 miles on the f7. My dealer didn't have any so I bought it there and got the warrenty transfered to my dealer and saved a bunch of cash. Buddy that traded it in also let it go with matchin txi helmet, 170 studs and firecat cover. His loss my gain.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I knew they had one there, for some reason I thought it was red. Anyway, I ride Sutherlands Lake mostly, live in Sheet Hbr. Usually make one trip from home to Antigonish, & Sherbrooke.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Originally posted by maxpower@Mar 16 2003, 03:54 PM
I live in Nova Scotia and was in Inverness yesterday putting some miles on with some riding buddies. Two guys I work with who are father and son both got Blair mogan edition rev's 800 4 weeks ago. They were with us on saturday and the son who was leading the group on his Rev came to a straight section of road and pinned the thottle got up to 100 mph and it seizied. Looked it over and the crank seal blew out against the primary clutch and leaned out the pto cylinder. His father got his truck and towed it home so my buddy took his fathers 7c rev and we headed home. We came to another straight section of the trail and me and him got side by side at about 50mph and punched it I started pulling away and when I looked back he was stopped. Turned around and the same thing happened again blown crank seal. Anyways threre both really pissed off and it is the second time for the fathers Rev to go down in three weeks. Bad day for them but I got 800 miles on my F7 in 4 weeks with no problems what so ever.
nice to hear other sleds are having the growing pains as well

ps: im originally from cape breton island

1 - 13 of 13 Posts