Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We finally got the VDO tach to work on the F7. We made a dash to mount it in out of aluminum. Looks very sharp! Will have pics to post this weekend.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We twisted the red and white wires together (for playback and back light) and hook to positive on battery. The Black wire needs to go to the Negative on battery AND to a place to ground on chassis. The Green wire needs to attach into the Yellow wire BEFORE the regulator. Ours is temporarly put in the 3-wire plug behind the secondary clutch. We will attach the wires together this weekend, and mount battery, etc. I will take pics and post them when we work on it.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Likker, what do you need to have explained? Tell me what you are having trouble with, and I will do my best to help you figure it out.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
just curious as to what the heck you guys are talking about!! I've not heard of a VDO Tach before, although i would assume it's a different digital tach of some sort.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
A VDO tach is an analog (not digital (Has a needle)) tach. Many people use them for tuning their sleds. They have a "Playback" function that lets you record your run (racing) and then play it back. This way you can write down what your RPMs are doing down the track, and make adjustments to the clutchs as you deem neccessary. VDO also makes many other accessories. You can check out their web-site at:

http://www.vdona.com/Homepage/homepage.html

1 - 9 of 9 Posts