Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got all the updates on my F7, WHAT A JOKE! fuel pump, front bolts on rear suspension, coil, bolts on rail stops up front, cables almost rubbed through airbox, recoil rope, steering rod hits head, air bubbles in coolant, oil sensor not working right, will have to get a sensor orderd,What else will I have to do to this damn thing this winter, I am a little pissed about the hole deal, Since I did everything my self, dealer was to buisy to get it in this week. FORGOT about the pipe splitting open today, Iam out of a sled until the dealer gets a new one, I am beinging to think this is a PILE OF S**T, any thoughts?

·
Registered
410 Posts
Hang in there man. Its a brand new deal so we gonna have to live with some headaches. This sle dis all new after all. In the long run it will be worth it. Cat forever! B) B) B) B)

·
Premium Member
10,637 Posts
well, first, take a deep breath....

now. why can't they just weld the pipe, to get you going again?

at least all these problems are getting looked at..

I think we have to take this in stride, and look at the only good thing...most all of these problems have been almost resolved before the winter has really even started. I am not trying to make excuses, but it could be MUCH worse...all this could have happened at the end of Jan. with no time for parts to actually get here in time for the real winter riding....just trying to give you a little hope, and keep your spirits up...sorry, I feel for you..and everyone else, including myself, that has to keep getting the sleds back in and out for the recalls...2...3....times????

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
i remember when i got my new 00 zr 700 and everyone said the engine was junk ! it ran awsome till i sold it with over 3000 miles not one problem ! the f-7 will be fine!!! after all it's a ARCTIC CAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!#1 snowmobile made

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Sorry scrapper, I have to agree with you....Guys will defend them to the end but after all is said and done it's the customer who is losing big time...The season is way to short for these kind of flaws on any snowmobile.

Switta not to start anything but 3000 miles for some of us is a month of riding. Well maybe 2 weeks if your name is Rob.. ^_^

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
no i snowchecked my 00 zr in 99 just sold it this summer :lol: 2000 did suck bad !! i put the miles on from 00 to 02 witch is nothing like you guys up north put on in that time . way more then that i bet

·
Registered
477 Posts
If you are not happy with your ride get rid of it and take your chances elsewhere. You could have a REV that you can't be studded, has a disgusting beaver tail that is nothing but trouble, has paint falling off the a arms and rusting, is blowing crank seals, has reed updates, etc. I mention the REV because that would have been my second choice but they all have issues, especially the first year sleds. You have freedom of choice boys, let you wallet do the talking.

·
Registered
210 Posts
I agree with both sides of this argument. But, you really do have to remeber you bought a BRAND NEW sled that is radically different from any of its predecessors. You had to have known what you were getting into here. You have to roll with it, or you should have waited until next year and bought the 2004 FCat.

·
Registered
827 Posts
anything that is mechanical,can break or have problems when they are new, even used for that mattter that is why there is such a thing as a warranties, i bought my f-7 knowing that it was a new design,everything on it for the most part, imo it is the most radical sled out there,i feel for the people that are having problems, i live in mn, still no snow in sight, got 0 miles on mine.and the chances of having problems when i do get to ride it are high but i knew what i was getting into,with a new sled,,,(peace).....mike :D

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
A lot of those recall items aren't ride stoppers. Cat is fixing stuff before it becomes a problem. I have almost 600 miles on my F7 and have had zero recall items done and it runs great. I have to get it in soon for it's checkup but we just got 28" of snow and I hate to miss out on that. I just talked to a guy on the trail today who's REV 600 HO seized on him. That's the way it goes sometimes.

·
Registered
126 Posts
hey I've only got 36 miles on mine and my thumb is just itching to pin the lever again I haven't had any problems with mine and not looking forward to any either. Just look everything over before you ride I found a loose bolt here and there but c'mon I look over all my sleds before, during, and after a ride--remember when we all go out to ride we go to RIDE and if I crash or am left on the trail for something stupid I could have found easy in the garage I'd be pis#$ed, but only at myself! The motor and other internal parts that I can't control much of well let's just wait and see the real numbers of how many are blowing up or just quiting--and you guys that have problems now hang in there CAT will make it right for you---just my two cents

·
Registered
4 Posts
Originally posted by scrapper@Dec 26 2002, 09:42 PM
I just got all the updates on my F7, WHAT A JOKE! fuel pump, front bolts on rear suspension, coil, bolts on rail stops up front, cables almost rubbed through airbox, recoil rope, steering rod hits head, air bubbles in coolant, oil sensor not working right, will have to get a sensor orderd,What else will I have to do to this damn thing this winter, I am a little pissed about the hole deal, Since I did everything my self, dealer was to buisy to get it in this week. FORGOT about the pipe splitting open today, Iam out of a sled until the dealer gets a new one, I am beinging to think this is a PILE OF S**T, any thoughts?
I never had any of the updates on my F7 and I've got 1650 miles on it now. Runs perfect, not a single problem, what's the big deal?

·
Registered
71 Posts
Rob alot of us have had problems and to us it is a "Big Deal ". Lets see my pull cord broke , sled overheated ,smart valves left me stranded on the trail,blown rear shock (I weight 150 pounds ) and back wheel broke . My sled has a total of 200 miles . If all of this happened to you I dont think you would be saying whats the big deal .

·
Registered
930 Posts
Originally posted by mission6@Dec 31 2002, 05:17 PM
Rob alot of us have had problems and to us it is a "Big Deal ". Lets see my pull cord broke , sled overheated ,smart valves left me stranded on the trail,blown rear shock (I weight 150 pounds ) and back wheel broke . My sled has a total of 200 miles . If all of this happened to you I dont think you would be saying whats the big deal .
Maybe you should take that $4800 offer then ;)

·
Registered
3,753 Posts
Originally posted by Team Arctic+Dec 31 2002, 05:29 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-mission6
@Dec 31 2002, 05:17 PM
Maybe you should take that $4800 offer then ;)[/b]
Team Arctic,

What's the $4800 offer?

·
Administrator
20,875 Posts
Jamie ... you've been disgusted with that sled from the get-go. Go ahead and sell the thing and go back to your Doo, Pol, or Yam and get it over with. There's a lot more people that have had minor problems which haven't cost anyone "seat time", than people who have had big problems. And some of you guys that switched brands are pissing and moaning over some pretty minor stuff. You knew ahead of time that Cat has never been known for quality. They take care of their customers, 'nuf said.

This has been said, but I'm gonna say it again. You bought a FIRST YEAR SLED!!! If you didn't expect some issues, you are being unrealistic. Maybe your other sled would've been better this year, I don't know. And maybe you should've waited a year for the F-cat to work out the flaws. I'm glad I bought it, and the only thing that's really pissing me off is that I can't ride it because we have ZERO snow.

·
Registered
930 Posts
Originally posted by bosssho+Dec 31 2002, 05:43 PM-->
Originally posted by Team [email protected] 31 2002, 05:29 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-mission6
@Dec 31 2002, 05:17 PM

Maybe you should take that $4800 offer then ;)
Team Arctic,

What's the $4800 offer?[/b]
He has it for sale in the classifieds...Marc

·
Registered
3,753 Posts
Oh...$4,800 huh...Any one want to split that in half and we can mod the hell out of it and have a real monster on our hands...every other weekend you would get a spare sled....any takers near Northern Ma or Southern NH...

1 - 20 of 46 Posts