Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Valved the front shocks much stiffer- as stock valving for snopro might as well not have been valved at all!!!!. Anyone doing any real ditch riding found this out quickly. Inside ski lift has been largely eliminated by stiffening up front shocks with combination of letting off on spring on centre shock and pulling up limiter strap all the way (3rd hole). I'm running 10" carbides with 102 studds too. Still not happy, though.
I'm thinking about stiffer sway bar now. Anyone know what diameter of sway bar comes stock on the snopro?

P.S. Only got 66 miles on a tank today on pipeline trail in Northern Ontario.
I don't know how some of you are getting more than 100/tank!

·
Registered
593 Posts
YOUR GAS MILLAGE IS WAY OFF, SOMETHING MUST BE WRONG. tHE LOWEST I HAVE HAD WAS ABOUT 10 OR A LITTLE MORE. tHIS WAS 80 MPH TRAILS WITH MANY LONG FULL THROTTLE BLASTS, I DONT THINK MY TACH WENT BELOW 7000 ALL DAY.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Stock F7 snopro sway bar is 1/2" incidently. Putting on a 5/8" next week when order comes in.

That 66 miles was on fairly loose snow and very hilly terrain- NOT groomed up here!!! My brother ran his Rev600 dry at 70 miles (4L smaller tank though). We have 3 feet+ snow on the ground just north of Thunder Bay 1 hour.

Last tank on hard packed I was near empty at 78 miles riding throttle pinned or on the brake riding.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
I think the fuel guage on these are off big time. Mine was on empty after about 60-65 miles and when I gassed it up it took about 7 gallons. If that's the case your tank will show empty even though you have 5 gallons(almost half a tank) left. I am sure you're safe assuming about 10 mpg. B)

·
Registered
841 Posts
Originally posted by flyingf7sp@Dec 28 2002, 01:54 PM
I think the fuel guage on these are off big time. Mine was on empty after about 60-65 miles and when I gassed it up it took about 7 gallons. If that's the case your tank will show empty even though you have 5 gallons(almost half a tank) left. I am sure you're safe assuming about 10 mpg. B)
I disagree I think the fuel guage is more acurate on the F's than the ZR's..........my ZR would read empty and I would have a half tank and when I did ride my F7 the gas guage read half and my friends ZR was on empty and the same dollars to fill.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts