Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering what you guys think would be better to get for some of us bigger riders. I am a Big Guy and am not sure whether I want to get the Trail suspension with the Big Boy kit, or the sno pro. Also I wastn sure if the 1.375 lugs would be better for trail riding than the 1". Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
201 Posts
You can always tune down the sno pro suspension. A dealer my way has a very big guy riding a regular skid and has no problem. Sno pro is for aggressive rides with big landings.
I have been told that if you are going to stud and ride trails go 1" lug...Apparently you can get a lot of vibration with bigger lug and studs.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I definetly dont want to do studs, but I am not sure abnotu lug size. I definetly wouldnt want too much vibration. What is really the benefit of the bigger lug size? I kind of like to slide during high speed cornering. What I want precise is tight trail cornering, I dont want to slide my rear into a tree.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Originally posted by Loki@Mar 24 2003, 09:10 AM
I definetly dont want to do studs, but I am not sure abnotu lug size. I definetly wouldnt want too much vibration. What is really the benefit of the bigger lug size? I kind of like to slide during high speed cornering. What I want precise is tight trail cornering, I dont want to slide my rear into a tree.
I have the snopro and thought it was stiff. I only weigh 185 though. Other people that weigh around 250 seem to like them. I also have the larger lugs and I'm not sure what to think of them. If you like the deep snow, and just ride normal w/ no sliding then get the bigger lug. I thought about getting the 1" track. I too like to slide in the corners, but I can't w/ the bigger lugs. I hate to lose the traction out of the hole, but I want it to slide.

·
Registered
201 Posts
I definetly dont want to do studs, but I am not sure abnotu lug size. I definetly wouldnt want too much vibration. What is really the benefit of the bigger lug size? I kind of like to slide during high speed cornering. What I want precise is tight trail cornering, I dont want to slide my rear into a tree.[/b]
No studs...go Bigger Lug... faster off the line but will effect top end. Bigger lugs are usually better in deeper snow and off trail stuff. Should still get lots of sliding around corners. Vibration comes from big lug/stud and groom trail combo. Studs are huge. If you want to corner try a 1" and stud combo.

Just my thoughts

·
Premium Member
6,057 Posts
SNOPRO! You will be kicking yourself later in the season if you don't! I had the same question last fall, and boy am I glad I got the SnoPrizo!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts