Hardcore Sledder banner

f7 totaled

3K views 42 replies 37 participants last post by  FINFASTF7 
#1 ·
it happened on flat rock road on tug hill. i'm out of the game for the rest of the year. broken arm and the sled is totaled. the guy in front of me lost control of his sled and rooled it on a blind hill. when i came over the hill he was laying down in the right hand side and i swearved left to miss him and there was his sled upside down and cross ways in the middle of the trail. I t-boned his sled. i didn't even get a thank for not running him over or a sorry.

i'll be going in for surgery at the end of this week to get some plates and screws.

dan e...

p.s. spelling doesn't count - typing with one hand...

#8 ·
Sorry to hear about the sled! Happy to hear that your injuries were not life threatening. After seeing that man die earlier in the season, my heart goes out to anyone who has a mishap, but I'm very happy to hear that you're okay. Heal quick...and take a nice vacation!

#14 ·
hey, chin up you did well avoiding the downed rider even if you had to sacrifice your self and sled. hope all goes well with your surgery

#15 ·
SORRY TO SEE &HEAR ABOUT YOUR MISFORTION. GLAD YOU'RE GOING TO OKAY. THE ACCIDENT RINGS A BELL WITH ME THOUGH. A COUPLE YEARS BACK IN MARQUETTE WE WERE RIDING WHEN I CAME AROUND A BLIND CURVE VERY ICEY THE KID ON THE SLED IN FRONT OF ME LOSES IT , FALLS OFF HIS SLED{RENTAL NO INSURANCE'NO JOB} I AVIOD HIM SMACK A TREE, CATIPULT 50 FEET DOWN A HILLSIDE. SOB SAID HE'D COVER MY DEDUCTIBLE {ME DUMB ASS AGREE} SINCE HE WAS NEPHEW OF ONE OF THE GUYS IN OUR GROUP. NEVER SAY DIME ONE. AT LEAST DAMAGE TO THE RENTAL FROM ROLLING IT GOT SLAMMED TO HIS VISA. WINDSHIELD,SMALL CRACK IN COWL,TEAR IN SEAT 1400$.NEEDLESS TO SAY WE DON'T RIDE WITH THAT GROUP EVER AGAIN POO RIDERS ANY WAY. GOOD LUCK &SPEEDY RECOVERY

#18 ·
you'll be fine suck it up. new technology for the orthopedic sugery out there , just make sure you tell'em not to mess up your nerves. Don't get hooked on the pain pills and we'll see you next year , riding safe live long. Just hope for no big barometer changes, cuz it hurts gettin out of bed in the morning. Peace

#21 ·
That is what I am ALWAYS AFRAID OF! I typically ride POLE POSITION (in front) and have to be EXTRA CAREFUL of what is in the other side of the corner. That is my NIGHTMARE!

As it turns out, this past weekend I was riding sweep (last) and my brother was in front of me, well, all I saw through the trees on the corner was a taillight swing around QUICKLY and them a yellow Jacket Fly off. As I RUSHED UPTO HIM I found his sled against a tree, with him on the ground. Luckliy he just cought a sapling on the side of the trail, and hooked hs ski. It threw him off (luckily) and the sled spun around toward a tree. About 10 mnutes of pulling it outta the brush, and NO DAMAGE (Well, Pride is another thing....)

I AM GLAD TO HEAR YOU DIDNT HAVE ANY MAJOR DAMAGE. Sled is REPAIRABLE, and Well, YOU ARE HERE TELLING THE STORY. WIN - WIN to me..

GOOD LUCK. Take a couple of those pain thingies for me :rolleyes:

#25 ·
I've been through that before, not quite as bad though... On my first year riding I was riding an old 88 Jag 340 Deluxe... I had a friend on the back and he was gathering snowballs and chucking them at my step-brother behind me (who was riding an 87 el tigre 440) and he got ticked off and swung the back end around as he passed us (wonr out track and no studs :angry: ) and little did we know that we were on a bridge with no sides, we couldn't see with all the snow dust he kicked up and we went off the side of the bridge. The sled was caught between a log and the bridge and I hung on to and dangled 15 feet above the frozen river and my friend landed on the river. No more injuries than sprained fingers. bruises, and a bloodied knee. My step brother came back to see what happened to us and all he said was "well that sucks." I hope ya feel better soon and get ur sled back!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.