Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
it happened on flat rock road on tug hill. i'm out of the game for the rest of the year. broken arm and the sled is totaled. the guy in front of me lost control of his sled and rooled it on a blind hill. when i came over the hill he was laying down in the right hand side and i swearved left to miss him and there was his sled upside down and cross ways in the middle of the trail. I t-boned his sled. i didn't even get a thank for not running him over or a sorry.

i'll be going in for surgery at the end of this week to get some plates and screws.

dan e...

p.s. spelling doesn't count - typing with one hand...

·
Registered
336 Posts
Sorry to hear about the sled! Happy to hear that your injuries were not life threatening. After seeing that man die earlier in the season, my heart goes out to anyone who has a mishap, but I'm very happy to hear that you're okay. Heal quick...and take a nice vacation!

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Hope everything turns out all right for you-I'm headed to Tug Hill next weekend-I know it can be a zoo up there-a lot of throttle jockeys and racer wanna be's.

Look on the bright side-you can get a brand new FCat with the insurance $$$ next year. B)

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks everyone,my buddy sent me some pictures.

before

after

and

and his sled

my ride home:

someone do a mile for me.

becarefull out there. its time for more drugs.

thanks for all the kind thoughts.

Dan E...

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
never mind, i thought you were the guy who hit the abandon sled on the road, who's insurance gets this one?
man you are lucky, and your buddy is lucky you are a nice guy!

·
Registered
899 Posts
hey, chin up you did well avoiding the downed rider even if you had to sacrifice your self and sled. hope all goes well with your surgery

·
Registered
320 Posts
SORRY TO SEE &HEAR ABOUT YOUR MISFORTION. GLAD YOU'RE GOING TO OKAY. THE ACCIDENT RINGS A BELL WITH ME THOUGH. A COUPLE YEARS BACK IN MARQUETTE WE WERE RIDING WHEN I CAME AROUND A BLIND CURVE VERY ICEY THE KID ON THE SLED IN FRONT OF ME LOSES IT , FALLS OFF HIS SLED{RENTAL NO INSURANCE'NO JOB} I AVIOD HIM SMACK A TREE, CATIPULT 50 FEET DOWN A HILLSIDE. SOB SAID HE'D COVER MY DEDUCTIBLE {ME DUMB ASS AGREE} SINCE HE WAS NEPHEW OF ONE OF THE GUYS IN OUR GROUP. NEVER SAY DIME ONE. AT LEAST DAMAGE TO THE RENTAL FROM ROLLING IT GOT SLAMMED TO HIS VISA. WINDSHIELD,SMALL CRACK IN COWL,TEAR IN SEAT 1400$.NEEDLESS TO SAY WE DON'T RIDE WITH THAT GROUP EVER AGAIN POO RIDERS ANY WAY. GOOD LUCK &SPEEDY RECOVERY

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
you'll be fine suck it up. new technology for the orthopedic sugery out there , just make sure you tell'em not to mess up your nerves. Don't get hooked on the pain pills and we'll see you next year , riding safe live long. Just hope for no big barometer changes, cuz it hurts gettin out of bed in the morning. Peace

·
Registered
84 Posts
Glad your ok bro, I don't think you sled is a loss from the pics maybe $1200 to $1400

·
Registered
2021 VR1 850, 18 Tiger 8000, 17 RS 6000, 16 ZR 6000, 12 F1100T, 11 EXT 800, 09 Z1 Turbo, 05 ZR 900
10,200 Posts
Wow it's good your here to talk about good luck with your surgery. Just a note riders stay tight to the right and watch out for the lunatic coming the other way and EXPECT THE UNEXPECTED!

1 - 20 of 43 Posts