Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While I was looking over my sled after 600 miles, I noticed that if I held the throttle on the handlebar wide open, I could still push the mechanism that the throttle cable hooks up to on the throttle body another 1/8"-1/4" before it would actually bottom out/stop. Is this why I might have only been able to get 91 MPH on semi hard-packed conditions at 0 degrees. - 5 degrees F. ??

I'm curious how many people checked their throttle cable(what did you some up with....too long ot too short) and ended up adjusting it? Thanks!
-John

·
Registered
3,397 Posts
Originally posted by JLeosnow@Jan 29 2003, 09:39 PM
While I was looking over my sled after 600 miles, I noticed that if I held the throttle on the handlebar wide open, I could still push the mechanism that the throttle cable hooks up to on the throttle body another 1/8"-1/4" before it would actually bottom out/stop. Is this why I might have only been able to get 91 MPH on semi hard-packed conditions at 0 degrees. - 5 degrees F. ??

I'm curious how many people checked their throttle cable(what did you some up with....too long ot too short) and ended up adjusting it? Thanks!
-John
Is this normal or should it be ajusted??

·
Registered
394 Posts
Originally posted by jeffh62+Jan 29 2003, 10:00 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-JLeosnow
@Jan 29 2003, 09:39 PM
While I was looking over my sled after 600 miles, I noticed that if I held the throttle on the handlebar wide open, I could still push the mechanism that the throttle cable hooks up to on the throttle body another 1/8"-1/4" before it would actually bottom out/stop.  Is this why I might have only been able to get 91 MPH on semi hard-packed conditions at 0 degrees. - 5 degrees F. ??

I'm curious how many people checked their throttle cable(what did you some up with....too long ot too short) and ended up adjusting it?   Thanks!
-John
Is this normal or should it be ajusted??[/b]
NO don't adjust it, someone has to have the slowest F-7 in the world!!!!!!!!! GEEZ!

·
Registered
3,397 Posts
Originally posted by firecatsnopro+Jan 29 2003, 10:13 PM-->
Originally posted by [email protected] 29 2003, 10:00 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-JLeosnow
@Jan 29 2003, 09:39 PM
While I was looking over my sled after 600 miles, I noticed that if I held the throttle on the handlebar wide open, I could still push the mechanism that the throttle cable hooks up to on the throttle body another 1/8"-1/4" before it would actually bottom out/stop.  Is this why I might have only been able to get 91 MPH on semi hard-packed conditions at 0 degrees. - 5 degrees F. ??

I'm curious how many people checked their throttle cable(what did you some up with....too long ot too short) and ended up adjusting it?   Thanks!
-John

Is this normal or should it be ajusted??
NO don't adjust it, someone has to have the slowest F-7 in the world!!!!!!!!! GEEZ![/b]
Well that was a helpfull reply. I'm not familar with the EFI and was looking for a bit more of a reply - maybe there is a reason the throttle cable does not bottom out for all I know. Come on... a smart guy like you could do better. :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts