Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed that my tail light was not working but everything else including brake light were fine. I took off the lense and put a new bulb in while it was running and it lit for a second and then burned out. I put another in with engine off put the cover on and started it and it did not work. Any ideas of what the problem is and where to look. I was told to try and use a 2057 bulb which I am getting tonight. Let me know if anyone has any ideas. Electrical problems suck.

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
575 Posts
Check your voltage regulator, It was like a disease in my family. A 94 formula z, 88 jag 340, and 87 el tigre 440 all had the regulators go at the same time and we went through about 8 light bulbs in a day. I bought 2 new voltage regulators for the formula z from kimpax and neither of them worked. I currently have a '91 wildcat voltage regulator bolted to the side of my belly pan :lol: havn't lost a light bulbs since :D

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
mine stopped working also...only worked when braking...changed bulb and all is fine

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks

I already replaced it with 2 bulbs and each blew out right away. I got some newer stronger 2057 bulbs now and I hope that works.

·
Premium Member
951 Posts
Check under seat to make sure wire isn't cut or bare wire exposed. Could be the problem.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Take it back to your dealer thats why we have a warranty. Replacing a bulb is no big deal but two or more there must be a problem. Good luck.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
:rolleyes: Thanks for all that replied. I see I am not the only one with this problem. I put in a 2057 bulb which is apparently stronger than the 1057 and so far it is working. Hopefully that is it. So far I love this sled and could only hope to see it with a bigger motor. I came from being a triple lover and never dreamed of ever going back to a twin but this is the future. This sled with more power would b e absolutely incredible and every triple lovers answer even though it is still a twin. Let's see a F8 or F9

1 - 8 of 8 Posts