Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just pulled my sleds in the garage to defrost them and do a check over, noticed that the bands that hold the heat shield around the f7 exhaust are loose to the point that i can move them pretty easily, i had a little vibration noise at 3000 to 4500 rpm's, i'm pretty sure that is what it was, any one know how to tighten those bands back up, i suppose i will have to take the exhaust to the dealer now??!!

·
Registered
3,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
how does it come apart?

not sure what you mean

·
Registered
6,976 Posts
The bands should be held on by springs. Look under the pipe and you should be able to see that a spring holds them on. Take them off carefully and snip the band or simply hook the spring one more link tighter on the band. Comprende???????

Cat S.

·
Registered
3,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i'll take the pipe off and take a look, thanks

·
Registered
3,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well, apparently you don't have an f7, or you don't know what you are talking about, there are no springs that hold the bands on, they are crimped, i hate to sound like an asshole, but when people don't know an answer to a question, don't try to answer it, thanks anyway ;)

·
Registered
69 Posts
While my sled was in for the oil bulletin I asked them to look at the shield - to my suprise they replaced the whole pipe assembly! I told them stainless radiator clamps would be fine, they replied that was not an option on an $8000 sled. :rolleyes: Seeing how mine started vibrating around 1800 miles I guess @ 3600 miles I will put the radiator clamps on. Roy has replaced his, running fine last I heard.

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
Yes, just a matter of time/miles before the stock exhaust shield bands work loose, and they WILL make some noise under the hood. If you replace them with ADJUSTABLE hose clamps, the first clamp, closest to y-pipe, will need to be at least 16", the second one 20.5" and the third one, near the exhaust canister, 11". Hope this helps! -- Roy

1 - 9 of 9 Posts