Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Administrator
20,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK guys ... I'm curious. I go about 240, and ride the standard F7. I've done nothing but stud it with 170 picks, and that's it. What are you guys seeing for your top speeds? I was in very good conditions on Tuesday and Wednesday, and was able to hit 99 mph. This doesn't seem right, but maybe that's what it should be with my fat ass on it!! :p

Just looking to see what others have hit for top MPH.

Chris

·
Administrator
20,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think I need to get on a diet!! :lol:

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
265 lbs, 107 on hard packed smooth rode in munising, dont think she would go much more\
sno-pro package= big lug track!
6'-2" 265 = need to go on diet!

·
Administrator
20,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I put a new belt on my sled last night, and I think that should give me a little more top-end. I could tell right away that things look good, because when I put it on the stand the track spun at about 2-3 mph at idle. When off the stand it doesn't creep. That's normally a good indicator. Hopefully that makes all the difference for me this coming week! I've got a buddy on an '02 XC700 who's just been itchin' to race me (he's got the VF3 reeds, and I think a little clutch work done). Wish me luck fellas! :lol:

·
Registered
47 Posts
195# - 100 even on fat gas, The 1st tank baby! Probobly could have gotten a bit more but ran out of room. Running next to my buddy the whole way, his speedo said 110.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I was in ME. riding this weekend & put 420 miles on the sled :D I was going to ask this same question I was only able to get 99 mph on a rail bed, last time on the lake I pulled 103. I am 250 lbs & ride a F7 std with 150 something picks. It just doesn't seem to match up with what everyone else has posted. The tech checked my clutch center to center & adjusted it, we also replaced the belt when I got it (545 miles ago) Don't get me wrong it's a rocket up to 80 mph but I think it should pull a little better than this. I was told by the tech that previous owner (up to 570 miles) commented on the same thing 103 mph, tops. I don't think this is a sick kitty b/c it runs so well but?

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
Don't forget that even the slightest little changes in conditions -- temp, humidity, wind, barmetric pressure, and altitude -- to name just a few that come to mind -- can all affect top speeds. But the BIGGEST variable by far of course, is the ever-changing snow/surface conditions, which can limit top speeds anywhere from 10 to 25 MPH easily! -- Roy

1 - 15 of 15 Posts