Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,719 Posts
I posted awhile back that I was having the same problem.I fixed it.I looked for the post where I had explained it,but couldn't find it,so here it is:I took the pads out of the caliper,I took them to the wire wheel and grinder.I wirewheeled eveything,the backs,sides and scuffed all the glazing off the pads,where they contact the rotor.I then carefully ground all the edges of the pad material down about 1/16 of an inch,at a 45 degree angle from both sides.I did that to all four sides of the pads,both of them.Then sprayed the caliper out with brakeclean,also sprayed the backside of the pads to remove any dust.Then I coated the backing plates with disc brake anti squeal ,two coats,letting the first coat get almost dry. Re-install them carefully trying not to scrap the antisqueal off,some will scrape off,its ok.I've put on 350 miles since then,without a peep.This will help you,try it!20 minutes Max

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
Just got this from Amsnow:

"You can try what is done in the auto industry, pull the pads out and taper the leading and trailing edges at about a 45 degree angle about a 1/4 inch wide, then take Silglide compound (available at napa) and put a very thin coating on the BACK of the pads, the noise is usually caused by two surfaces moving at one time ie, rotor and pad which sets up a harmonic thus the squeek, the silglide will help insulate the pad, don't use antisieze or any of the brake quiet stickey compounds, they don't help and antisieze is only good to 350 degrees, silglide is good to 1300 degrees, give it a try it works on a lot of the problem import cars etc, Wes"

-- Roy

·
Registered
437 Posts
I think this is more about the belt, but when im just going down the trails im not sure about what speed but its over 35 and under about 50. When i have to hit the brakes the sled makes a whiney sound comming from the left side of the engine. What is that sound? Is that just the clutch not grabbing?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts