Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I finally got my first 28 miles on the F7 SnoPro this morning here in NW Lower Michigan.
I did the New and Improved Burping Routine. I didn't have to add any coolant, so hopefully it did the trick. (I may try that routine on my 7 year old son, although he probably wouldn't enjoy it as much as at the dinner table)

I let the sled warm up for about 10 minutes or so after a complete burping, then took it down the road for a bit, letting it warm for a few more minutes before getting into the throttle a little bit.
No Bog, just a whole lot of power. Of course just after I got on the first off trail section, there was a nice 3 foot roller, which I felt obligated to launch off of.
It really does stay comfortable in the air and on landing.
I will say that the skis do like to chatter back and forth a bit on the icy packed roads. I picked up some 6 inch. Woodys Carbides and will probably try them out tomorrow to see how they work. I am not studded yet, and it remains to be seen whether I will or not.
And you guys are right. Man, it smells, although it was getting better by the time I got back to the cabin.
Anyway, thats it. As soon as the woodstove gets crankin, I am heading out for some more miles.

Kevin

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Yeah, I noticed the same thing, smelled like someone lit a dog turd on fire underneath the hood. Smelled better after about 45 minutes though. anyone know what that is? I assume the paint on the pipe getting tempered.

·
Registered
696 Posts
Yeah...it's the paint from the inside of the pipe. They're dunked at the plant so the WHOLE THING gets paint, inside and out. Almost smells like a ferociously burnt belt. I stunk up the garage enough for my wife to leave me alone. It's not all bad... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
562 Posts
Yeah, kind of like that old John Deere snowmobile slogan " Runs like a deer, smells like a john"!

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Looks like there is 10 inches or so on the roof of my pole barn. It is snowing lightly right now. Another 3in. or so tonight and tomorrow.
All in all, the trails are decent. If you rode this area last year in Jan/Feb. the trails are about like that.
There is some nice powder off trail and on the Gas Lines though.
I talked to some other Cat riders just W of Frederic. They had ridden down from the Gaylord area and said some Snirt on the more heavily ridden trails, but if you dont mind some ice and hard pack, the trails are not bad. Of course a weekend of heavy use will chew them pretty hard. I am trying to stay off the main trails to let the base build up.
No groomers in site as of yet.

Kevin

·
Registered
3,753 Posts
Originally posted by likkerpig@Dec 5 2002, 01:53 PM
Yeah, I noticed the same thing, smelled like someone lit a dog turd on fire underneath the hood. Smelled better after about 45 minutes though. anyone know what that is? I assume the paint on the pipe getting tempered.
Yeah, for me it was my Pistons adhering to the Cylinders...lol... :blink:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts