Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just put 100 miles on my new F-7 yesterday up at Tug Hill, trail conditions were a little bumpy but it was a good test for the F-7's handling capabilities.Was quite impressed with the sled other than my legs felt a little cramped, seems like Cat must think people want to ride standing up all the time. I did not buy the snocross version, so I would have figured that the regular F-7 would be more comfortable for trail riding. I wonder if anybody in the R&D department at Cat even trail rode the F-7 over 30 miles? You can't even ride the tank comfortably like the old ZR's. Seems to me Cat should offer a more comfortable seat that goes further up the tank, is a little higher and firmer. Yet I'm sure Mr.Hibbert is too busy at the snocross track to pay any attention to this problem. Anyways on to the rear skid frame, has anyone rode without the rear couplers ? I took them out of my 2002 zr800, revalved the shock and went with the snocross spring on the front shock adjusted loosely so the spring can do its job. It rides like a dream, but I'm wondering if I 'll have to do the same to the F-7.

·
Registered
696 Posts
I think if the couplers are out, you'll have the skis in the air under any hard throttle. Don't quote me on it though, I haven't got a chance to play with settings on my sled.

·
Registered
4 Posts
different strokes I guess, but I don't stand at all and I think the firecat seat is perfect. I'm 6-1 and 185lb. And yes, you need to get up near the tank when corning or in the rough. But no matter how far up on the seat I get, I'm still not bumping into the gas tank. Like I said, I find it very comfortable, even on a 290 mile ride like I did on wednesday.

·
Registered
622 Posts
6'01" 190 lbs and I think it is the most comfortable sled I have ridden. Guess everyone has their preference!!!!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Best sled i ever owned! Put about 200 miles on this weeked and performed great. The problem i had with my old ZR's was the suspention sagging after riding hard, no problem for my F7 sno pro I weigh 250 lbs and all I added was a Black Magic spring adjust block kit. Its a bigger block which is 30% bigger than the stock cam. Also its metal so u wont worry about stripping the plastic nut. Make sure your welds are good on the shaft where the blocks go, i understand A.C. is having problems with the welds in this area.
The sled is very comfortable, but would like to sit alittle higher. I rode a Rev this weekend and love how high u sit but didnt like how your legs were bent. I think the Rev isnt made for big guys. I was thinking about adding the klymaxx seat wedge has anyone experience with this item, let me know about it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts