Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I started up my f7 without my silencer the other day and boy was it loud! it had a nice sound though. I am not sure if i am kepping my sled for another winter so i do not want to buy a new mbrp can to use for a month so i was thinking i would make a straight pipe. When the silencer was off i didnt run it for long because i didnt want to melt the belly pan.

Do you think if i made the staight pipe and took out my silencer and replaced it with that would it cause any engine damage at all?

thanks,dave.

·
Registered
593 Posts
DO NOT TAKE THE MUFFLRE OFF IT WILL DAMAGE YOUR MOTOR. IT NEEDS A CERTAIN AMOUNT OF BACK PRESURE. WITH OUT IT IT WILL BE SUPER LEAN.

·
Registered
530 Posts
it wont do anything if you let it just sit there dont try to drive it i mean it wont really go fast at all because of the lack of back pressure i have done it to mine started it up and like rode just like 20 ft but never to the bar i wouldnt recomend that. it will have no top end though i can guarentee that

·
Premium Member
442 Posts
Davey Boy

Dont Drive it !!!! You need back pressure from the exhaust system. You may cause serios damage to your machine running it with no exhaust system. Your exhaust system is tuned for a reason.
Jim

1 - 5 of 5 Posts