·
Registered
2,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my f7 i shimmed the belt...put the spring back 1 notch to
bring the top rpm down.On easy going it hit 115 mph turning
8,220 rpm...i though putting the spring back would bring it
down on top end rpm but it is the same as before..anybody
got some ?like to get the rpm's around 7,900-8,000 or lower!

·
Registered
720 Posts
I am not sure what my sled was Revving too before, but I am using the Outdoor Shop's #2 clutch kit and have the spring in the #2 hole. I have raced reaching about 90 mph and I tach out at 7900 rpm. Since then I have added the Speedwerx Air Intake. We are going to Old Forge on Tuesday, and apparently the lakes are now frozen, so I am hoping to see just how fast the sled will go. I will also see what I tach out at now. Remind me and I will post it.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I am not putting much faith in the tach accuracy. The other night i recalled my max RPM on the tach and it said 9180!!! There is suppose to be an update for our tachs from the dealer. Mine goes in for all the updates next week.

Speedmerchant

·
Registered
831 Posts
my dealer told me the update for the tach was just rerouting the wires because of interferance. i have v force reeds the speedwerx air intake and running 1000' test runs i'm getting 103 to 105 mph with the rpms from 8000 to 8080.

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Rev them up i had my sled to local dealer for up dates and he said that it was ok, he said that you would notice the difference in power if the piston was scuffed, so i think i will drive it like that and see what happens hopefully it's ok..... B) I will be taking it back to toy master and get it checked .....later

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I also put 65 g weight's in and it still was turning 8100.
What do u got to do to get these down to 7900 or less!!!!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts