Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Started 2 weeks ago when my friend found out about my f7 and whent ot the dealer to buy a sled that he thought was faster. We take them to paradise to break in, my f7 stock with 153 studs and his RX1 stock with no studs resulted in me beating him several times from holeshots to 30 mph runoffs, it was like this if he got the holeshot it was within 1/2 of a sled to the rx1 when i got the holeshot i would beat him by 3 sleds he coulds not understand why.

2 weeks later he installs heel kickers to his sled and i stil beat him, now he wants to call Yamaha for sources to find out ways to shave weight off that big PIG do you believe it. what is next Turbo i ask him.
If you need to spend 3000.00 dollars to keep up with a 700 cc
machine i think arctic cat did a fine job with the F7!! :D :D B)

·
Registered
485 Posts
And you don't need studs to beat the RX-1 either. :lol: That RX-1 is a very nicely finished ,quality product with much attention to detail, and after riding one I could see myself owning one, if it didn't cost as much as a new compact car!!! <_<

·
Registered
580 Posts
The guys in the cabin next to me this weekend had a viper and a rx1 , the rx1 was flooded from trailering it with a full tank of gas, They told the owner NOT to trailer it with the tank full as it could flood the cylinders, he didn't beleive them. Boy was he pissed.. I don't blame him how can you not trailer the sled without fuel? Once he got it running it ran well, nice sound out of the twin pipes, I really wanted to run the viper and rx 1 but I only had .7 miles on the sled at the time, There will be time for that later.. B)

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
I have about 500 trailered miles on my RX-1 with a full tank of fuel & no problems. The only way it will flood the engine is if the needles & seats are worn & the fuel leaks thru & floods the motor. It was definately flooded by improper starting procedure & can happen to any newbie.

·
Registered
3,896 Posts
The Fcats running today were no match for the RX-1's. The only sled that ran with the Rx-tons were the ZR900's. One Rx-ton in particular had unreal top end. I was clocking 108(gps) and went past me doing 10-15 mph faster. The Fcats were fast, but not that fast.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
when you guys say top end for sure Rx1 is faster if you ran the sled for a mile it is the fastest out there. When raced 800 to 1000' the f7 blows it

·
Registered
3,753 Posts
This pic is from my GPS on Saturday up at Back Lake in NH...Back Lake is small...so the run was maybe a mile...if that...the conditions were not smooth and I was shocked it went this fast...I saw 116 on the speedo...which corroborates what everyone is saying about the speedos being within 1-2 miles an hour...I have a Standard F7 Bone Stock.

·
Registered
986 Posts
I,LL RUN TOP END WITH ANY RX1 out there 1 - 2 miles who cares Straight lake running tall gears 23/39 for exra lite rider 23/40 gears 122+ on gun & I am not seeing RX1s going that fast I Am 200 + lbs Dont know what top end is with my kid on it Havent reached it yet will wait to run at 0-10 below to find out He 41 & weights 109 -111 lbs should make big difference He has 8-10 mph on me in a1/4

·
Registered
956 Posts
i keep hereing about fast rx1 but i cant find any have raced 5 dfferent one and they all are slow. im sorry but im not going to race 1 1/2 miles to see if maybe he will catch me!!!

·
Registered
3,753 Posts
Skydog,

I have stock gears...

As for racing an RX1...All the people I see riding them are older people who want a nice cruiser so they don't want to race...I did get spanked by one two weeks ago...course I found out two days later the guy had NO2...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts