Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for someone who knows how to setup an F7 Snopro to ride like a ZR. I'm getting very frustrated with this thing.

My problem is in cornering. No matter what I've tried I'm not able to keep the inside ski down. This machine wants to roll.

If your going in a straight line the machine is awesome! It's turning that's pissing me off! Anyone know how to correct it?

Last weekend my 9 year old son was riding the F7 around my property. He stopped to talk to me and told me he didn't like the F7. "It's to hard to turn." "I would rather ride the ZL." I then started the ZL for him. He rode about 3 hours and told me at the end of his ride the ZL was alot easier for him to drive. I then got on it and made a few hot laps around the yard. This machine corners like it's on rails. Just like my old ZR's used to be.

I'm yet to get my F7 to corner like this. I know there must be other people with the same problem. All I do is read how great everyones machines are. I sure would like to ride one of your sleds you claim are so wonderful. I would appreciate any input. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,705 Posts
Go to the Firecat Tips and How-to's page. There is a section on suspension set-up for snopros. I've found the biggest improvement was to loosen up the front skid shock as desribed.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I finally got ahold of someone Wednesday night to talk to about my F7 ride.

He's works for R & D at Artic Cat. I told him my problem with the way the F7 wants to roll on cornering. He told me that's the #1 complaint on the ride of the F7. He said that Tucker Hibbert complains about the same exact thing! I said I want this thing to corner like my ZR used to. He told me that I'll never acheive this on a Firecat. He said "YOU HAVE TO RIDE THEM LIKE A MOTORCYCLE!!!!" 2 to 3 yrs before this will be fixed!

All you people out there that claim you have this awesome ride. Maybe you should go work for Cat and show them your setup tricks!

·
Registered
820 Posts
RIDE IT LIKE YOU MEAN IT, LOOSEN THE FRONT UP LET IT DIVE IN THE CORNERS, YOU WILL KNOW WHEN IT IS TOO LOOSE, LET THAT FRONT SUSPENION WORK A LITTLE,,,EVERYONE IS TIGHTENING IT WAY UP, WE RIDE LIKE MANIACS AND THERE IS FOUR OF US F7s THEY ARE HANDLING GREAT, WHEN YOU GET IT TO BITE IN THE TURN DONT STRAIGHTEN IT OUT UNTIL YOU ARE READY, BECAUSE YOU WILL PROBABLY BEGOING TO FAST AND DRIVE STRAIGHT THROUGH THE CORNER! AND STAY OFF THE BRAKES!
I HAVE A 9 YEAR OLD SON THAT WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO DRIVE THE SLED ALONE, ARE YOU CRAZY! THAT WAS BUILT FOR ADULTS! 120MPH, 9YRS OLD, DA

1 - 4 of 4 Posts