Hardcore Sledder banner

Do you have Reverse?

• yes, i have reverse and it is great

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • yes, i have reverse, but have problems with it

• no, why would you do that to a firecat?

• no, can't see spending the money on it

• Total voters
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just trying to get an idea how many have reverse, if they notice any weight change when riding, how they like it, if they installed it themselves, and if any problems have occurred with it, thanks

·
Registered
348 Posts
I love it! No noticable weight change for me (last nights dinner weighed more). Much better than electronic! My buddy has a REV and we were both turniing around a couple of weeks ago, well I was first and took off and waited at the next intersection for him a good 5 min before he showed up. He said it wouldn't go into reverse and had to turn it around by hand! Yeah it might add a few pounds but it'll save your back. JMO
BTW warning horn is VERY loud.

·
Premium Member
6,057 Posts
I think it is a tad pricey. If it was much cheaper, I would buy in a sec. Worth it to use on the trailer alone!

·
Registered
313 Posts
I installed my own and it cost $600. Took me about 5-6 hours to install. The instructions kinda sucked. I guessing about 10lbs more of weight, but worth it. I'll take it off somewhere else. I didn't install my backup horn. Took long enough to install the reverse! lol My sled tops out at 92 though. I'm wondering if the gears are different. <_<

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Originally posted by skikvt@Feb 14 2003, 10:34 AM
I love it! No noticable weight change for me (last nights dinner weighed more). Much better than electronic! My buddy has a REV and we were both turniing around a couple of weeks ago, well I was first and took off and waited at the next intersection for him a good 5 min before he showed up. He said it wouldn't go into reverse and had to turn it around by hand! Yeah it might add a few pounds but it'll save your back. JMO
BTW warning horn is VERY loud.
there is a a weight difference for sure and i usually i get off and help my friends, even when its a rx-tonne

:p

·
Registered
211 Posts
Yeah, O.K. reverse may not be for everyone......but if your riding tight stuff, deep snow or something other than fast corridors it shure comes in handy. How many times have you blown past that trail at speed and had to turn around? Your buddies w/ reverse are a mile down the trail while you have to hump your sled around. Works great and has paid for it self allready.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
to each there own, thats for sure.... but in all honesty i have yet to get my cat stuck... loves to climb and handles gross rough stuff when in dount... so for me personally

uselss, the money can go to much better things, plus a racer/performace sled with reverse?

JMO anyways :)

·
Registered
313 Posts
Originally posted by stephen2003@Feb 14 2003, 02:06 PM
What was your MPH prior to installing reverse.......
I installed it when I was breaking the machine in. I never checked before.

·
Premium Member
6,057 Posts
Originally posted by tgrissel@Feb 14 2003, 02:55 PM
Could someone post a pic of what the reverse lever or hangle looks like & where it is?
It goes right where the choke lever is on the F5's.

Nick

·
Registered
720 Posts
My dealer installed mine. $500 installed plus tax. $530 Out the door. Now that is a good deal!!!

·
Registered
348 Posts
If you guys are racing your sleds I can see not wanting reverse but most of us are trail riders who want performance. I have a bad back so I'm willing to add 6 lbs to my sled to save it. You hear about guys 220+ who are head to head with guys 140. I can't see how the weight of a reverse kit is going to hurt performance in a noticable manner.
Can you guess how I voted? :rolleyes:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts