Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
6 upgrades on a brand new sled! The worst is this new oil pump problem. I've got 4 arctic cats and have riden only arctic cat for many years; however, my confidence is shaken.

My friend's 2 year old stock skidoo MXZ 800 is faster than my F7. Did the advertisers lie to me? I'm almost ready to switch loyalties.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I rode the mzx 800 until I picked up my F7 this year....there is no way it is faster....If it is you need to have your sled checked or learn how to race....

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
It sounds like you may have a problem with your F7, Or your buddies sled is not stock.
I had an 01 800MXZX and it was not near as fast in stock form. But then again it did last 6000 miles with only a spring recall, and Free pistons before I sold it.

·
Registered
899 Posts
You definitely have a problem if you can't beat a stock MXZ800. I beat my buddies REV 800 (both stock) and my buddies MXZ700 (highly modified) by about 6 sled lengths.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Originally posted by hamiljoh@Feb 13 2003, 09:36 AM
6 upgrades on a brand new sled! The worst is this new oil pump problem. I've got 4 arctic cats and have riden only arctic cat for many years; however, my confidence is shaken.

My friend's 2 year old stock skidoo MXZ 800 is faster than my F7. Did the advertisers lie to me? I'm almost ready to switch loyalties.
Well~ Cat is Attempting to Fix them! Standing behind there Product 100% How can you go Wrong?
I have a 01 Chev Hd with the 6.0 and it Knocks (cold start up) Piston [email protected] 18000 miles! GM Told me it was Normal and to Basically take a Hike! NOT Attempting to Fix Them!
So Hats off to Cat!!!!!! & Toyota here we Come!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
81 Posts
Picked up my new F7 yesterday and the dealer told me that every update had been done. Only had a chance to put 11 miles on iy last night, but I must say, I'm impressed so far. If I can only keep my son on his own F5 instead on my F7 then I'll be even happier.

·
Premium Member
3,765 Posts
you need to get your f-7 back to the dealers a.s.a.p.
something is not adjusted right.
you should not have any ski-doo beat your f-7.

·
Registered
949 Posts
Originally posted by SnoXCat555@Feb 13 2003, 09:58 AM
Well~ Cat is Attempting to Fix them! Standing behind there Product 100% How can you go Wrong?
Easy. Your warranty is almost up.

·
Premium Member
1,427 Posts
A MXZ800 faster than a F7... Not likely unless it REALLY modified.

I've taken out a 2001 MXZ800 with my modified ZR700 and I get absolutely creamed by those f7's.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Until this week I was just as loyal to AC as the rest of you. If you all think my stock firecat with 1" track and 102 studs should beat a stock MXZ800 then why is skidoo winning the snowcross races this year?

Don't get me wrong, I have had green blood. But, for CDN $11,500 with studs, cover & taxes, I do not expect excuses and recalls and a machine that will never get 10,000 in its entire life. Rather than always trying to be leader of the pack and take unacceptable gambles with engineering, maybe AC should wait 'til they have tested the product.

If they want firecat owners to be test rats, give us a longer warranty.

Now I have to ride my 500 on my "trip of the year" next week. No sorry explanations/excuses are going to get me a working firecat for Monday.

All your responses as to why I should not be disappointed will be no consolation on Monday when I start hearing the teasing from the guys who ride "the competition". I'd rather have a new sled that is 5 miles and hour slower but running than a flashy sled that is in the shop for MULTIPLE recalls.

Thankyou for letting me vent my frustration. I will not do it again.

·
Registered
41 Posts
HUUUU? Why is SkiDoo winning all the SnoX Races :lol:
Lets See, Tucker Took New York Stock~Open.
My kid races dam near every weekend WSA North, Regionals, & Nationals when in town Mpls area and most of the time thats 75% Cats are out front.
Winter X TJ Gulla #44 SMOKED 1000cc SkiDoo Mods with his Speedwerx 800cc Mod. Cats got something here.
The SkiDoo is a Fine Breeze and takes the corners like a rail the Clutching on the RevX is on the Nuts Don't know anyone that can Improve it . So if you don't get the hole shot you better take some chances to pass the comp.
Sorry getting Stupid here but the Doos are not allways winning! NO Way!

·
Registered
172 Posts
Snoxcat555, dont do the toyota thing they have piston slap bad. My f7 beats up on so many other sleds sometimes i feel bad for the people. Rev 800,xc800,machz,zr800,zr900,rev600ho,mxz700,mxz800. Sometimes i feel bad,sometimes.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Originally posted by hamiljoh@Feb 13 2003, 09:36 AM

the worst is the new oil pump problem!! cmon only a little adjustment. ready to switch brands :rolleyes: 3 posts .doesnt seem to be an f7 owner maybe another brand owner here :rolleyes: why would your confidence be broken its a first year machine and cat is correcting them .this sled rocks B)

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Guys, this is a 1st year sled! I expected much worse than some recalls. Cat has actually done well in getting them fixed. Cut them some slack. If you're that unhappy with your's, get rid of it and switch brands or buy an 04 instead and get a 2nd year model...

·
Registered
701 Posts
My last two Arctic Cat's have been first year sleds (01 zr800, and 03 F7). I have to say that I think both of them live up to, and over my expectations. No problems with my F7, and no updates yet after 800 miles (knock on wood). I am going to have the starter rope fix done at end of year, however.

·
Registered
124 Posts
you know, it really is to bad that all of these issues are coming out. The F7 is pound for pound the fastest sled on snow, or grass. I can live with a couple recalls, but it really has gotten out of control. AC should have done their home work on this prior.
I feel bad for the dealers that have been stuck with these mid year, and for the people that bought them that have had issues. You can walk in to most , and find a showroom full for sale. I sure love my F5 though.

·
Registered
743 Posts
Well go buy a ski doo then, atleast when a cat does have a prob they take care of it, ask my friends and my girlfriend what ski doo tell you when you want something fixed, her gas gauge works when it wants to and they told her its only there to help keep track of the gas and you should keep track of it yourself, what kind of crap is that, if that was cat they would say bring it right in and we will take care of it for you.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts