Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was on a lake going 80 MPH and I hit a bump. The skis went over it fine, but front of track (possibly drive wheels) hit it and kicked the tail up. The left ski/front bumper hit hard and flipped over until stopped on side... totalled! I'e been riding for 13 years and have owned quite a few sleds, I have never experienced anything like this before. Is there a design flaw in the drive wheels?

Speed Demon

·
Registered
2,763 Posts
I had the bucking problem also, but after following the advise on this website not only did the bucking stop it also improved the cornering. Firecat is opposite of most sleds , less tension on the front shock spring is most beneficial to stop the bucking. The shock spring has very little to do with bottoming. If you are bottoming have the shock revalved. At my 255 lbs, my front shock spring has very little tension on it and my suspension spring blocks are both on the middle setting and in 1,015 mile only have bottomed out once in typical lower penisula trail conditions (they do get rough and bumpy). Remember the weight is more centralized with the firecat chassis.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts