Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, here is my race story. I weigh 195 without gear on.

The only modifications form stock on my F7 are, 156 1.075 Woody's Gold Diggers, and the #2 clutch kit from Dan at the Outdoor Shop.

We were racing in a field, there was about 10-12 inches of powder, that we rode over back and forth to pack down.

We were racing about 500-700 feet.

I raced the following, all newer sleds, I know the ZR800 is an '02, and the ZRT600 an '01.

ZRT600
MXZ600
SRX700
MXZ800
ZR800
ZL800

They weren't even close. I had to have 3-5 sled lengths if not more on all the sleds. I even let the MXZ800 and ZR800 get out a little in front before I pinned the throttle, caught them and just kept on going. I am not a big racer or anything, but every time people see the F7, all they want to do is race it, because they can't belive the rumors. Well, they are not rumors, it is the truth. Most of the guys took my F7 for a blast down the strip, one guy said, "It's like a rocket." I think AC will sell a couple more of these sleds next year, and there may be some 800's for sale.

I raced an '02 ZR800 last weekend and while I beat him 9 out of 10 times they were pretty much even once up to speed. I really think Dan's clutch kit was a huge improvement. It just walked away from it.

Just an observation, I now have about 250 miles on the sled. A lot of trail riding and racing, and my snowflap is still perfect? I know guys have been having a lot of trouble with them, strange.

Take care and enjoy your Firecats.

·
Registered
178 Posts
That's good to hear I got handed my first beating today by this monster he hit the NOS and look at her go!!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts