Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:huh: Did anyone out there have all the updates done and still have problems? No problems with my F7 yet. Just looking for the truth ......no brand loyal BS.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Just over 700 miles and only problem after ALL updates was sway bar came apart. Great gas mileage and oil consumption. power is incredible. And to those that gave me a hard time for buying a 700 cc sled. I was right and you didn't know JACK. This sled rocks, there is NO substitute for horsepower....HAH...

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
:D Have two f7's with all the updates and not a single problem todate. Have run Rev 800 and smoked him. Even the rev rider was surprised. Great sled. I have owned 28 cats and this is the best by far :D :D :D

·
Registered
34 Posts
All updates done, 550 miles and zero problems - except down one snow flap. I read all the posts related to it so, my bad.

The best snowmobile purchase I've ever made. Will hold true until the release of the F9, F10, F11 etc.

·
Premium Member
9,228 Posts
I did my own rope update and replaced the bolts in the skid. Took 10 minutes. Have not done the smart valves. 650 miles and it runs perfect!!
LET IT WARM UP TILL THE SNOW MELTS ON THE RUNNING BOARDS (BOTH) BEFORE RIDING IT

·
Registered
289 Posts
When my sled was new the grease nipple fell out of the rear scissors. When the new shaft was in I took the machine in for all updates. When I got it back I was going over the rear suspension and noticed the retainer clips on the adjuster blocks were missing, actually one missing and one loose. The blocks could not have fallen off under load as the spring keeps tension on them all the time but I put some new ones on to fix it in my head.
Other than that no problems.
Just sweet victories
Evil

·
Registered
148 Posts
500 miles and the only problem ive had was my pipe spitting in 2 different places, other then that perfect, pipe must have just been a factory defect, looked kinda cheaply made to me .... sled rocks though i love it best one ever...

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I heard about pipes splitting also, 1fastf7. Ialso heard about starving for fuel even after updated valves. Yet I had zero problems, only the occasional backfire.

·
Premium Member
2,846 Posts
I had no problems before the updates were done.

Took my sled to the dealer for the updates and they forget to properly install one of the rear suspension springs :angry: , within 2 miles BANG! :wacko: spring pops off of the Cam adjuster. No damage and it went right back on, but man, I tell you, I'm wondering if I should have left well enough alone. :blink: <_<

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
i had 1000 miles on before any updates were done zero proplem's!!!
now have 1450 on and still no proplem's!!!!!What a sled would not trade
for any other....maybe the new f1 or f9 :D

·
Premium Member
7,417 Posts
put the outdoor shop pull cord fix on and the cord still looks new. Took the white disk that comes in the smart valve and threw it in the woods.

·
Registered
25 Posts
sled is a rocket. little exhaust leak, changed the doughnut-fixed. fuel pump wires pulled apart - this was a fluke and easily fixable (although i do need a new wiring harness because of so little extra wire to work with). as with any sled if you do regular maintainance and take care of it you'll be alright.

116 mph on the speedo makes up for a few minor problems.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Had updates. Sled will not start. However it ran after the updates and put at least 150 miles on it since updates. Since the sled didn't start, I've been pulling the starting cord a lot in working on getting it to start. . . before taking it back to my dealer.

My pull cord (updated with CATs update) which was replaced and had a bit of fraying due to my homemade PVC fix is WAY WORSE with CATS update fix for the pull cord. The CAT fix has left my pull cord 1/2 worn thru near the recoil where the cord contacts the frame (with the piece of black plastic guard not working to isolate that problem. The pull cord WILL break as will every F7 pull cord that has had the AC "pull cord fix". It's going to happen to you even with the update. I know this because my pull cord has been pulled perhaps 40 to 60 times since the update and it's HALF worn through. Maybe you won't see it happen to your sled for a couple of months but KEEP AND EYE on your UPDATED pull cord.

Of course my dealer is going to replace my PULL CORD again. . . well at least I got one weekend out of the pull cord AC update. . . :( I'm going to have to "engineer" a final fix for the pull cord. Probably a modification on my own PVC fix or perhaps that CAT earlier ZRT pull cord fix.

I was looking at different cord configurations on newer CATS (a newer ZRT which doesn't have a guide that will work for the F7) and even some ski-doos. Some of the SKI-DOO routing of the cord using what looked like as electrical hose plastic covering, didn't look very dependable. . . wonder if they work?

Anyway as the salesman and I were looking at various sleds in the showroom, inspecting different pull cord setups it dawned on me. . .

It's not like I bought a completed sled, it's kind of like buying a kit. I felt like I'm doing a little engineering in finding a fix for my pull cord problem. Kind of an Arctic Cat "design, engineer and build your own sled program". I know this sounds kind of cynical, but it was the feeling that dawned on me while looking at different pull cords and thinking about "which" solution I would ultimately choose. Because I know that replacing the pull cord with the AC fix is NOT GOING to solve the pull cord problem.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts