Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking about going to an F7 Sno Pro for '04 and wondering what prices anyone's been quoted(CDN $$$). $10,200 was teh price I was quoted for EFI F7 Sno Pro. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cummins, is that for an EFI Sno Pro? Dealer told me cost was $9,800 and their profit only $400.00?!?!? That would mean that every F7 sold in Ontario would be a $400.00 loss. My dealer wouldn't lie to me........would he?!?!? :(

·
Registered
254 Posts
That was about the price I was quoted this time last year for an '03 F7 standard. When I actually purchased it in December, I paid $1,000 less.

I would wait for a better price or cat cash. The prices aren't going to go up from what you are quoted now. Keep in mind that their was lots of supply for F7's last fall. It should be the same this fall.

Regards.

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
I am trading my f7 in on a f7 carb.I am getting $8,000 for my 03.The new
carb is $10,000.....costing me $2,369 (tax included) to trade...this is on a stanard f7 carb.My 03 is also a stanard.

·
Premium Member
951 Posts
Pretty cheap tax rate in PEI? I can't see your dealer giving you 8000 for an 03 F7 standard with over 2500 miles. If he is, he won't last long. Think about it, would you pay that for a used sled with 2680 miles? Can't make any money on those prices. If you're trading up a year for anything under 3000 cad, you're doing pretty good. That's just the way it is when tax is 13% here in sask.

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
Not cheap tax here....$2,000 in the difference

$2000 times .07 = $140

$2140 times .10 =$214

$2140 + $214 =$2354 trade in price

Why would he not last long??He is getting full value for the 04....He should be able to sell mine for what he gave me for it.The machine has 153 stud's,running board grip's,2 windshelid's.The
other dealer told me$2750 to trade but i am sticking with my local dealer...u just need to find a good dealer.

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I was thinking about waiting until December but I'd really like that 2nd year engine contract. I'm a little nervous with this years problems. That would be worth $500.00 to me and I'd be guaranteed color/options. It's a gamble...if the snow flies early sleds go quick. F7s were scarce as hens' teeth this past season. You were lucky to even find one let alone pick and choose colors.

·
Premium Member
951 Posts
Our tax doesn't work like that in Sask. We pay tax on the difference only on one of the taxes. (Can't remember if pst or gst). Then we pay the other tax on the full amount. Ok, now you didn't say whether or not you would pay 8000 plus both taxes for a sled that has that kind of mileage. When a dealer sells a used sled around here, he must charge both taxes. By the way accessories don't make your sled worth any more, they just add some incentive for someone to buy it. The reason I said he wouldn't last long is because if he gives everyone that kind of money for trade ins, he has to sell the trade ins for top dollar. Is he going to be stuck with a lot of used sleds? Probably.

·
Registered
3,148 Posts
Originally posted by snopro@Mar 27 2003, 03:24 PM
Our tax doesn't work like that in Sask. We pay tax on the difference only on one of the taxes. (Can't remember if pst or gst). Then we pay the other tax on the full amount. Ok, now you didn't say whether or not you would pay 8000 plus both taxes for a sled that has that kind of mileage. When a dealer sells a used sled around here, he must charge both taxes. By the way accessories don't make your sled worth any more, they just add some incentive for someone to buy it. The reason I said he wouldn't last long is because if he gives everyone that kind of money for trade ins, he has to sell the trade ins for top dollar. Is he going to be stuck with a lot of used sleds? Probably.
Yikes! I thought we only paid tax on the difference, and that was both taxes. I haven't trade a vehicle to buy a new one, so I haven't had direct experience with that situation. We should be greatful that we only pay 6% PST, not the 10% rev them up showed for PST in PEI. Did you also notice that they are paying double tax by calculating the PST on the amount that includes the GST.

Where are you at in Saskatchewan? I'm here in Blair Morganville.

·
Premium Member
951 Posts
I'm in Yorkton, SK. I do have a good dealer. Browns Leisure World. Yes, I'm glad we don't have 10% pst. 6% is enough. I think he has his figures wrong, he shouldn't have to pay tax on tax.

·
Registered
3,148 Posts
Brown's have great web site. I think that all Cat owners appreciate it very much. I have a great relationship with my dealer, Riverside Acrtic Cat, and that sure makes things easier. I used to visit Yorkton often, but have not been back since my Grandmother's funeral. I hope to get back one of these years for the "Perogy Cup", or maybe some other time to snowmobile for what everyone says is great riding and usually more snow than elsewhere. Cheers.

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
That is how our wonderfull tax's are here..7%gst and 10% pst.
We are taxed to death here..and u are right we have to
pay tax on tax!!!!!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts