Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
841 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I have an F7 sno pro thats not pulling hard anymore....My sled ran flawless on the weekend and pulled like a mule but I went out last night and all of a sudden not working good..I was out with a stock F7 and a couple new ZR800's and got beat... My sled is pulling good rpm's but I had a hard time getting 90mph out of it and my midrange and hole shot are less than stock.....I changed my belt and got the same results....I also have 1000miles on the original plugs ((maybe wore out??)) ...or could it be valves?? I have many thousands of miles on my ZR's and never cleaned a valve....What could be different now?? PLEASE HELP....and thanks in advance

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
sounds like of what happend to a buddie of mine check your cylinders both of his were scored he never locked it up. But when he first got it we were preety close when racing and after a couple hundred miles, when we raced I would just keep pulling away He never even knew his cylinders were scored untill I pulled his exaust and looked at them thats the first thing I would check

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
Originally posted by green-patriot@Feb 11 2003, 04:53 PM
...check your cylinders both of his were scored he never locked it up...He never even knew his cylinders were scored untill I pulled his exaust and looked at them thats the first thing I would check
What exactly did you see scored -- the cylinders and/or the pistons? If cylinders, where exactly -- the back, front, everywhere??? -- Roy

·
Registered
841 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by Mainecat@Feb 11 2003, 07:57 PM
Whats your fuel to oil ratio?
Your power valve cables may need a adjustment
The oil pump is at factory setting and is scheduled to go in for the service bulliten and the power valves have to be looked at yet..... I took my pipe and manifold off and noticed a scrape down the PTO side piston..Its only one scrape but it is deep enough to catch my finger nail on....What do you guys think about that??

·
Registered
269 Posts
SLEDHEAD SEE MY OIL PUMP UPDATE POST

·
Registered
2021 VR1 850, 18 Tiger 8000, 17 RS 6000, 16 ZR 6000, 12 F1100T, 11 EXT 800, 09 Z1 Turbo, 05 ZR 900
10,202 Posts
The oil pump is at factory setting and is scheduled to go in for the service bulliten and the power valves have to be looked at yet..... I took my pipe and manifold off and noticed a scrape down the PTO side piston..Its only one scrape but it is deep enough to catch my finger nail on....What do you guys think about that??

Looks like a score feels like a score must be a score

·
Registered
841 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I know what I am looking at but my question is is one score enough to cause a loss in performance??....I am as fussy as the next guy but I dont want to waste my dealers time and If one score is no big deal I dont want it to cost Cat any money either.....But something like that must have happened for my sled to suddenly be a slug because on saturday I posted here that I had several lengths on everyone and with everything staying the same going from 4 ahead to 4 behind...Hmmm makes me wonder

·
Registered
841 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I guess it turned out to be the smart valve.....Dealer stuck his hand in the fuel tank and pulled out the diaphram and it was sucked in and starving the sled for fuel...I had the update done and never thought to look for that....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts