Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WHAT WOULD BE THE NORMAL APPEARNCE FOR THE PISTONS AFTER 200 MILES...DID THE RECALLS THAT CAT GAVE ME..CHECK ENGINE LIGHT CAME ON ONCE BUT GOT TO BETTER CONDITIONS AND WENT OFF...THOUGHT I WOULD PULL THE PIPE OFF AND LOOK.....WHAT SHOULD I SEE.... :D

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
THANKS ROB...GREAT SITE....WHAT ARE THE COLORS THAT IM LOOKING FOR....WONT THERE BE A LITTLE SCUFFING? JUST WONDERING BECAUSE OF THE REVERSE COOLING...

·
Premium Member
10,637 Posts
visibly may, look scored..But feel with your finger..Should be completely smooth, if not, then there is a problem.

·
Registered
2,705 Posts
If you do have a scuffed piston what problems will it cause? Lose low end? Top end? Bad fuel milage? Just curious if you would know without looking. Also could a piston scuff on backside so you would never see marks looking through ports?

·
Registered
208 Posts
The first thing you would notice if you kept driving on a suffed piston is the motor getting noisier. I'm sure if you drove it long enough you would eventually break the skirt off the piston.

·
Registered
485 Posts
:D Don't be alarmed if the piston looks black. apparently they have a coating on them which will wear away with time. Pulled my pipe off today ( I'm doing this all the time :wacko: looking for trouble??? :wacko: ) and at 2450 miles it looks fantastic in there, in fact the piston rings seem to be seating better with less visible blow by and and no scuffing or carbon-soot build up. Compression has gone up from 135 to 137-140. :wub:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts