Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 06 F7 EFI with about 1700 miles. Motor started running on one cylinder so I took it in to my dealer and found that the pin that keeps the rings from spinning worked its way out and therefore spun the rings and ended up ruining the piston, jug, and head.

Has anyone had this happen, or heard of such a thing happening to the Firecat series motors? If so should this be a factory defect that should be covered? The dealer has agreed to go 50/50 on it, but I'm still burning on it and not at all satisfied with this!!!

·
Premium Member
3,411 Posts
i know it was a big prob on APV ZR 600's.
but never heard if it on firecats.
if you have warranty coverage, then fight the dealer for 100% coverage.
but if not then i'd take the 50/50 and be VERY greatfull, because that is really good of him.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Should be covered under the 4 year warranty that came with the sled from new. First year Cat covers than the remaining 3 years are covered under the Cat Care program, $50 deductable.

·
Registered
699 Posts
I had it happen to me three different times with Wiesco's :cussing: never heard of a oem doing that. I think your dealers offer of splitting the cost is very fare.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks guys! My dealer finally got in touch with Arctic cat and my sled was still under warranty after all!! (service dept. said it showed up in the system as not) Getting everything plus the other piston replaced and should be back on the snow by Thurs.!!

·
Premium Member
15,688 Posts
Not uncommon at all for any snowmobile...[/b]
:werd: can happen to any

1 - 10 of 10 Posts