Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
210 miles this weekend on the f7 and nothing wrong a small leak coming from somewhere gas, oil, coolant not sure what yet anyone else have this prob. coming form just below the pull start??? other then that it was perfect and i love it ...

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
I1fastf7,
t could also be the oil that was saturated on/in the starter ropes from the factory. I have noticed that these sleds came with an oil that seemed to be on the rope and when pulled, it seems to spray in that general area.....
-John

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
it's good to hear everything went ok :D the more times i read good stuff it makes me feel way better with 0 miles

·
Registered
132 Posts
went to Ironwood for sunday ride , 2 F7's one 440 rev all three first ride. 158 miles . this should make some of you on the fence wondering if you made the right decision feel releived. After 18 miles the rev owner, Mr. Yellow wanted to turn around and go back to trailer and exchange sleds to get his 02 440mxzx, the rev will not make a trail sled period.... we went back and exchanged , I raced a group of sleds on the lake while he was getting sled up and running. I took second behind a 800 cc A/C the rest were smaller sleds. I was a little disappointed but it was close 2 length. only 40 miles on too. I was on my saber F7 other guy had F7 patriot both red. these sleds are by far the best trail machines I've ever ridden for aggressive riding. a little to much hype on the power I thought ,at least it is very smooth not the torque feeling of my buddies 800zr that I rode for 50 miles last year,I thought it pulled too much on arms . I put on 3500 miles last year on my 01 snopro w/600 motor and thought that was just right for all around aggr.tr. riding . the F7 is the best I've ever ridden I'm going to put in the stiffer setup they offer when it comes in. I thought it was in need of just a little more beef in shock calibration, but I'm also 235 lbs . when we got back to trailer we both raced and the other F7 would beat me by 2 to 5 length, so I need a little clutch work. We were both major impressed with theses sleds 150 miles bodys not wore utr1st ride ,no problems and very trashed out trails on 75% of the ride... we are going back next sunday w/out Mr. Yellow so should have no problem putting on 200 miles these sleds are very warm too, :p really good protection and they are snopros w/ smaller w/shields I think....

·
Registered
113 Posts
Getting back to the oil leak around the rope area...I have this also but tastes like brake fluid . It could also be from the rope if it is saturated with something...I will have to look at my rope next time....I thought it might be the brake line with a tiny leak...I thought it was my gas tank at first....But the rope thing sounds like it could be it.....

Captainkirk

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
captainkirk,

I'm not exactly sure what the fluid is, but I can tell you that when the rope was un-used(not freyed) and the sled had not been started(now the rope is pretty dirty), the fluid that it was saturated with had a yellow-ish look to it....
-John

·
Premium Member
6,057 Posts
My dealer put some sort of oil all over my pull cord. It seemed to spurt all over the engine compartment. I cleaned it up, and all is well. I think they did it as their "Quick Fix" to the pull cord rubbing! I tell you what, it made a mess and got me worried at first.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I have the same thing happening to my machine. I have some type of oil residue just below the pull cord recess. i thought it was engine oil that is leaking out of the pressure relief cap??? It seemed to be all around the back of the oil fill area.....

·
Registered
64 Posts
I ALSO HAD AN OILY RESIDUE AROUND THE PULL CORD AREA,,EVEN THOUGH I MADE A CUSTOM TUBE FOR THE PULL CORD,I STILL RUBBED BOW STRING WAX INTO THE ROPE,TO CUT DOWN THE FRAYING A LITTLE MORE.. ;)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts