Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 05 f7 sp with efi. The sled is only running 7000 and after checking the valves and clutching(wich both are fine) I came to the conclusion that it is starving for fuel. The plugs were white when I removed them. I checked all the hoses fuel pick ups and boots for leaks but nothing. Anyone have a similar problem and a fix or an idea were to look next.
This is weired was out on a run worked fine parked it in the garage and went out again and hasn't worked the same since.

Any help would be great
Thanks

·
Registered
345 Posts
I have an 05 f7 sp with efi. The sled is only running 7000 and after checking the valves and clutching(wich both are fine) I came to the conclusion that it is starving for fuel. The plugs were white when I removed them. I checked all the hoses fuel pick ups and boots for leaks but nothing. Anyone have a similar problem and a fix or an idea were to look next.
This is weired was out on a run worked fine parked it in the garage and went out again and hasn't worked the same since.

Any help would be great
Thanks[/b]
Geeze Im having a similar problem only I can only turn 7500 at best. When I run 3/4 throttle it pulls till about 70-75 but that it and if it WOT then its around 7400 and realy boggy so......let me know what you try?

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
Seems like such a common problem with these F engines. My 04 FireCat 600 and my dads 04 Saber 600 doesn't seem to run as good as new, boggy and don't have the power as before. Both sleds use a LOT of oil. They smoke so much at idle, you can't even be around the sleds while they are warming up. Dumping this much oil in an engine has to make it run not as good, not??? I wonder is there something in the oil pump that let's go. If you look at a parts list, you can see they use a different oil pump part number just about every year. I wonder is ArcticCat knows about this problem and that's why they are using different pumps.

·
Registered
4,122 Posts
Seems like such a common problem with these F engines. My 04 FireCat 600 and my dads 04 Saber 600 doesn't seem to run as good as new, boggy and don't have the power as before. Both sleds use a LOT of oil. They smoke so much at idle, you can't even be around the sleds while they are warming up. Dumping this much oil in an engine has to make it run not as good, not??? I wonder is there something in the oil pump that let's go. If you look at a parts list, you can see they use a different oil pump part number just about every year. I wonder is ArcticCat knows about this problem and that's why they are using different pumps.[/b]

You can turn the oil pump down. All 04's were rich.

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
You can turn the oil pump down. All 04's were rich.[/b]
I had mine 8 turns out. I brought the sled to the dealer for this stumble off idle. They also did an oil volume test and ended up richening the oil to spec. It always used a lot oil no matter where it was adjusted. Leads me to believe something goes bad in the pump. It's just a thought. I ask myself this, why does it run good to start with, then run bad without adjusting and changing anything???

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I put some injector cleaner in the sled. I had an injector perfector in and it would only run 7000 removed the jet and it brought the revs up around 7500. I am going to get a gauge and check the fuel pressure. I think it has something to do with the pump or pressure regulator in the tank.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
well it is at the dealer

Now it is the hands of the money gods!

Let you know what it is.

·
Registered
906 Posts
ive had the same problem with mine. when it first did it, i changed the plugs and it would run to 7900 rpms but didnt run crisp like usual. The next day it would rev to 7500 then work its way to 6800, the dealer replaced everything, even rebuilt the motor, throttle body, stator, wiring harness, clutches ecus, and my ecu is currently at a-c gettin a "special" reflash that some f7's needed with this problem supposedly. Well see.

·
Registered
85 Posts
2 years ago my f7 was acting up rpm was down , had no topend . It ended up being a colapsed smart valve . But this symptom was intermittent. I did the bic pen mod all was well . Untill the next year my servo motor craped out but that was different symptom.

·
Premium Member
7,372 Posts
Mine ended up being a wire in the harness underneath the gas tank had rubbed a small bare spot. The sled would only rev like 7000 ish RPMS and it was not operating the powervalves at all. FYI: if the valves are not operating correctly, it should display a code on the dash. My ECU would not throw a code at all no matter what I did to the sled.

Here's my thread: http://www.hardcoresledder.com/foru...-06-09/1658882-troublesome-03-firecat-f7.html

1 - 13 of 13 Posts