Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I am stumped! I have a F7 at the shop right now that when it gets hot it stalls. Restarts in 10 minutes or so, goes for another 2 miles and stalls. On a stand it will not stall, but, it revs to 7900rpm's and quickly falls to 7000rpm's. Here's the rub boys, We have changed the fuel pump and smart valves, the ECU, the Stator, the voltage regulator, checked the timing, changed pipe and silencer, changed coil, spark plugs, clutching, checked TPS, throttle safety and the list goes on. Cat says they have a few like this and can't figure out what the cause is. This sled has 250 miles on it and I am becoming extremely frustrated. A voltage check to the injectors did show an unusually high voltage reading but cat is uncertain what that means. Any help would be appreciated. D & D has not come across this problem either. How about it boys, lets get this sled running! Any ideas however far out they are would be appreciated. Thanks

·
Administrator
20,815 Posts
Completely stock? The reeds aren't aftermarket are they? Got a buddy on a PooPoo and he had the same symptom this past weekend. Found his reeds were shot.

Just throwing something out there.

·
Registered
829 Posts
On This Forums someone was talking about snow entering The Electronic ignition area. Sorry I don't exactly Remember the thred.

Since it runs on the stand but not on the snow could it be Snowpacking into areas of the engine? OR the air intake getting sufficated?

You seem to have done everything I would have. I know how you feels.
Press on, you'll figure it out.

·
Registered
54 Posts
If you have changed all of these things and they are not defective, it sounds like a fuel problem. First check the vent to the gas tank and make sure it is not plugged. Then check fuel line pressure at the rail to ensure pump is functioning correctly and there are no restrictions in the fuel line. Try to recreate the problem of RPMs dropping while you are watching the pressure, if there is a restriction from the tank to the fuel rail or if the pump is starving, it should show on the gage. If this is OK check the fuel rail & injectors for restrictions. The previous post of broken reed petals is a good opinion but with broken reeds you would probably never get to operating RPMs, the sled would more than likely come up to a certain RPM (low) and stay there, not drop off. Also reeds would not be adversly affected by engines temperature. Strange things happen, Last year I had a problem with the sled overheating and found a rivet in the water pump. Needless to say it stripped the impeller of it's fins. This was a brand new sled so it had to have happened at the factory. Luckily it acted up after I got back from my trip around the Gaspe'. Keep at it, you'll find it eventually and when you do, it will probably be some stupid little thing.
Note: I would probably pressure test the engine just to be on the safe side, a little air can do funny things.
Good luck,
Todd

1 - 4 of 4 Posts