Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
5,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is a new 1000' class here and I was thinking of updating my F7.
It is called Improved 800 Twin.
800 twin @660 lbs. Multi pipe and 1/2"track allowed.
Does anyone have 2 good core cylinders for an F7??
Or does anyone have a race ported F8 top end for it?
Or does anyone have a Factory 800 Mod motor?
Thanks! Joe.

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
Are you sure you can run a big bore. I've nvr done that kind of racing so i def.nit claiming to know the rules. But many times there is a rule the sled can only be stock bore plus a touch for overbore of a repair nature. Big bore .... for example taking. 700 making it an 800 would not be allowed even if it was to be raced in 800 class. Again I don't know if that's the case but it might be.im not familiar with the cats enough to know if the factory 7 and 8s are exactly the same except cyl bore. Improved Classes I raced personally said sled must maintain original bore and stroke plus up to 10 or 20 thousandths. Must maintain factory ignition(no msd boxes) ,original form of induction , oem crank and cyl for model,. You could do any porting cyl and case (no case stuffing by adding material )any cyl shimming ,heads , any pipes . Lowering of sled was allowed but must use oem for manu shocks,oem rear skid could add or remove wheels ,race tracks no cleated, any availible stud push through or t nut ,no weld on hooker plates. Must have clutch enclosure and rear tunnel enclosure. And meet weight limit with driver. And working tether cord. Obviously your not new to racing and these rules maybe different or have changed. Just pointing it out as a possibility

·
Banned
5,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The rules for the class were very short.
By the rules it's OK. Factory cyls at 800cc.
The class is to get the 800 class twins out Racing.
There are 2 Imp F7s running the class @ 700ccs

·
Banned
5,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Gotcha. Improved 700 and 800. Are my favorite classes. Have fun.
I can't afford my favorite class...IS 1000.
Aftermarket Cyls and big power.

My new favorite class is getting to be full body Turbo. Can't afford that either.

·
Banned
5,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Anyone have these parts on the reasonable.........the 800 Twin Class is "HOT".
I would sure love to run 800ccs against 800ccs.

Just a used 800 top end would be cool.....it doesn't matter if the porting is on the conservative side.
Also maybe some good used K&N filters and prefilters....maybe some updated big wheels for the skid, and other go fast stuff.
Thanks!

·
Banned
5,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I will agree the HO is a strong motor. I don't think I've seen an improved type one run NSSR. I have all the old type clutching and gearing and would like to run a Firecat. They seem to hang in there.

·
Premium Member
20,009 Posts
Here either really, but if one was considered to be Big, it would be the 800 Stk/Imp/Mod, ands it's about impossible to find a 700 jumping up into on of those anymore

·
Banned
5,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Still looking for a F7 good cylinder...........or a resonable F8 kit with the Cat 800 pistons.
Thanks!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts