Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have all my manuals packed up in the trailer already and I was just curious what the max. rpm is on the F7(brain dead :eek: )? Is it 7800?? Thanks.
-John

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
What do you mean by max?

GLS stated to clutch for 7700-7800 with overrun to 8000 maybe 8100.

gls on 8/21/2002 6:58:00 AM

The F-7 works best in most all applications when the acceleration RPM is 7700-7800. If there is long distance light load conditions, the F-7 will have runover RPM to 8000 to mayby 8100 sometimes. If you try to lighten up the clutching and make it run at 8000 all the time, you'll go slower. If you drag racing and don't care about backshift, times are better if it is clutched heavier. Even at RPM's of 7400-7600. If you want to increase throttle responce and backshift, a green arctic secondary spring will do that, at the expense of some speed. The F-7 backshifts very well anyway. Hope that answers your questions.

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
John, if you're just trail riding, I'd say shoot for 7900-8000. Of course you will see 7800 or 8100 once in a while depending on conditions and many variables. Oh, and for good all-round trail riding, IMO the stock clutching is damn near about perfect. Spent three hours testing and tuning with mine and another bud's F7, and I ended up back at bone-stock clutching! -- Roy

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by Roy T@Feb 19 2003, 11:39 AM
John, if you're just trail riding, I'd say shoot for 7900-8000. Of course you will see 7800 or 8100 once in a while depending on conditions and many variables. Oh, and for good all-round trail riding, IMO the stock clutching is damn near about perfect. Spent three hours testing and tuning with mine and another bud's F7, and I ended up back at bone-stock clutching! -- Roy
Thanks Roy. I am just wanting to know so I can keep an eye on it while I am out in Togowtee, Wy. next week... Once I get back, it's going back to BONE STOCK!! :D
-John

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Roy,

It is completely stock, except for minor changes like IsoVibe ect.... What I was trying to say about changing it back to "bone-stock" is that when I get back from the altiutude(gearing & clutching), it's going back to exactly the way it left Thief River Falls.... ^_^
-John

1 - 9 of 9 Posts