Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well boys and girls..after running against my buddys tongiht in the first of many shootouts i have a hard time beleiving the posts that everyone out there with there stock f cats are beating everything else out there ...first off..track was packed down 3 nights ago and decent track conditions about 1/4 mile runs maybe little longer...but it was little loose on top and fluffy compacted snow..not the best conditions but not bad..all sleds have 1.25 or 1.375 tracks and non studded....first off the ONLY things ive done to my sno pro 7 is adjust the limiter straps going up one notch...and then i changed my gearing to 22/40 .....i dont have another stock F7 to compare to but ...anyways..raced 2003 MXZ Renagade 800 and a 02 800 Renegade the renegade has stock gears and the 02 800 has the stock MXZ gears..i belive they are 25/45 ?? am i wrong..but anyways...with the 03...i beat em all out of the hole every time WHEN I got hookup...and walked right away about 2-3 sled lenghts..the 02 with the MXZ gears walks by me at a steady clip after about 600 feet and keeps going slowly till about 4-5 sled lenghts ahead..then we just kinda stay even..i dont gain nor loose...with the 03 renegade with stock gearing....i beat him agian..and he catchs up to about 1-2 sled lengths maybe a little closer and and i beat him pretty much every time..but sometime hes almost ready to pass at the 1/4 mile mark or so...but here sthe thing..stock rengade is more for hole shot and less for top end..and the mxz gears in the 02 renagade is gonna alow more top end and less hole shot..but the 02 wouldnt be to far behind if we both hoooked up out of the hole....it was pretty embarassing for me...going there me racing countless times and then switching sleds over and over and still the same results...like once or twice i beat the 02 renegade by 1/2 sled....i thought if anything they would get me out of the hole and my Fire kitty would take em up top AFTER 600 feet...remember the renegade is 136 track too...the 22/40 i thought would keep a hole shot and improve top end...i have to choices....throw in the top 23's again and try 23/40 or go back to stock..because my buddy before he changed his gearing to the stock MXZ gearing and chain said my sled would pull on his stock Renegade...no today when i raced i didnt pull at all on the stocker..was even if not ready to loose..weird stuff huh...what would u recomend?? which size gearings..remember i havent touched clutching...nor do i really want to...with my 22/40 gearing i was pulling 7840 RPM on max recal..which i thought was right on right??? the only thing i destroyed today was the 03 Pro X 700...like top to bottom was not even close...i have him a literal 6-8 sled lenght start and i caught up within a 1000 feet and walked on by...that was funny...but all u guys saying ur beating Rev or MXZ 800's or Thunder cats etc etc..i have a hard time beliving it...well throw me some suggestions guys :p :angry:

·
Registered
193 Posts
didnt you ride or race sled before you changed gears???if not why would you change em????kinda sounds like a bullshit story to me...LOL :p

·
Registered
4,395 Posts
I think you should of kept everything stock. My F7 standard w/1.375 track beat an 02 0r 03 mxz 800 w/picks. We were on hard packed lake (Gogebic) We started from a 20 mph roll and hit it. I walked away from him until about 80 mph then I think he was gaining on me. We started again from a dead stop and same thing. I gained a 8-10 sled lead and then he started gaining slowly. We never did race for more than 1/2 mile or so. I still thought he would have got me out of the hole with the picks and hard pack surface. If we ran for a mile or more he might of passed me but not sure about that. Any one else have any results racing 800's?

[email protected]

·
Registered
148 Posts
Try dropping your strap back down to the stock position and see what happens. I tried the strap change and I lost a lot of performance because of weight transfer. I ended up putting it in back in the stock position and going with longer carbides. Just my .02 worth. B)

·
Registered
340 Posts
Your forgetting one thing- your sled is a 700 and theirs were 800's. Even it was close they should be the ones embarrased.

In my opinion this whole top speed thing is overblown. Who really cares who beats who in a drag- what matters most is the real conditions these sleds were built for - the trails. You gotta look at the whole package- power, acceleration, ride quality, handling and looks. Firecats win in most of these catagories.

Just my two cents.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I was running on Otsego Lake, in Michigan and I walked by a mxz800 from a role (b/c he had no studs) it was over from the start to finish and he admitted it too...from a 20 mph roll on hardpack--studs don't do anything anyways.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I ran each of those sleds you mentioned on Lake Gogebic in Mi. Beat them each quite handly with my F-7. Raced more than once and let his buddy start the race to avoid mischief. I am 185lbs and have 153 studs. These sleds, with all equal, can not run with the F-7. Atleast not mine. I spent much of a Saturday morning proving that to the Ski Doo boys.

·
Registered
593 Posts
your sled has problems of a long track is running it down at the end. I have raced a few skidoo 800 and the f7 is faster in low mid and top end. In fact my buddies xc 600 is faster on top end than the doo 800

1 - 8 of 8 Posts