Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Catmen

Here on the top of the world we got some F7, my brother bought a green F7 with racing decals and install extension kit from AC with 144" track and he design and made his own rack, mabe you get a photo of ours sled someday. The hardcoresledders side have give us some helpfull informations about F7, thanks for that. The price of F7 here is 15450$ (price tag on Yamaha RX-1 Mountain is 18000$) so you guys should be happy with your price tag. That price tag on F7 is to high for me so I ride ´95 Wildcat 700efi with 136x1.1/4 track and I have done some improvement that works. Around 20 F7 have been inported here in Iceland but none F5, thats because we want the big motors. We are lesser track and lake runners but more in the highlands, mountains and glaisers (we have the biggest glaiser in Europe) and there are only one gasstation in the wilderness so if we go into longer trips, we have to carry a extra gas. You guys should look into a Worldmap and find Iceland, there is no privat land, rules, cops, fences or trees in the highland but we have some huts. Frosty the winterman seems to have got lost because we have got very little snow and last desember was the warmest in 150 years! so we are sledding those days in low low snow contitions.

I just wanted to let you guys, and of course girls, know that we up here are following you through the Hardcoresledder, thanks for that!

P.S. if you have some questions abought Icelandic sledders, just ask, I try to reply!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh, I forgot to tell you, we got the most beautiful girls in the world (two time Miss World, Miss Scandinavia) so just come over, we got some snosled rent, winter and summer, but you have to get the girl youself, but they are everywear here.

·
Registered
942 Posts
I think a snowmobile trip to Iceland would be awsome. I wonder how long it would take to get there?

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
ICELANDCAT,

If I were to plan a trip(flying) to Iceland, when would be an ideal time to come so that we would be able to ride?? When is your ideal riding time(months)?? Thanks!
-John

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the reply
First, I found this side by simply go to a search side and ask for Firecat and this was one of the interested side there. Its takes about 5 hours flight from Boston to get here and the best snosledmonths are April-May.
Then the weathers are good, daylight is long and still some winther up in the highlands. We have a wsa (World Snomob. As.) tournament here 19. of April (easter weekend) up north and for new wsa members there is a lottery: a trip for two to Iceland to visit this wsa tournament in April, if you join them you could be lucky.

Thanks

Gunnar the ICELANDCAT

·
Premium Member
7,417 Posts
I wonder how much it would cost to ship a sled over there. Would be awesome to plan a trip!!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Taking a sled with you is going to cost a LOT, I guees, the best thing would be if you guys are going to Europe in winter/spring time, then you should consider fly through Iceland and stay here for some days. You can go on Superjeep safari, where you are taken on a trip on jeeps on 38" or 44" tyres, shown some interesting places and ended on a sled tour where you get a sled and guide on another sled, you can not rent a sled on your own and take off.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts